Monday, September 29, 2008

Sweet Dreams and Free Pattern

The last free Stitcher's Angel pattern is up and you can find it here. It's a cute but useful project. The designer is Sue Daley, and visit her blog here to download the pattern and see the tutorial. Now, this is what I got done today, my snowman that is holding a sign saying "Sweet Dreams". I have to embroider his eyes and mouth as well as the message on the sign. I like how you get the idea of what the block will look like once the pieces are fused. Almost instant gratification!

Remember the pic of this quilt from ISQSC that I went to in Fargo ND? Well thanks to fellow blogger Infinity Quilter, the mystery is solved! It's from theFons & Porter magazine, Jan/Feb /05 issue and the pattern called Conestoga Stars. I'm guessing that it's a paper-pieced pattern otherwise how else could you get those super sharp points?

How about some more pics of quilts from the ISQSC in Fargo last weekend?? Here's a pictoral quilt that was so pretty. I thought the flowers in the bottom right corner was a really nice touch. I don't know if I'll even make a pictoral quilt but who knows? I've learned to" never say never" when it comes to learning a new technique in quilting. You've gotta be open to trying all sorts of new things, right? Until next time .......

4 comments:

Myra said...

You snowman of today looks great! Perhaps a quilt I shall have to make at some point...
That pictorial quilt is awesome with the detail! Wow!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Your snow man is coming along very well. Cant wait to see what it looks like finished. And it looks like you had a great time at the quilt show. Your Pics are great

Gina said...

Love your snowman. Can't wait until the quilt all together.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Micki said...

I love your snowman...can't wait to see what you do with it!
Micki In Ireland

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails