I liked how the one off-kilter framing of the centre rectngle gave this quilt movement. The print used in this quilt is a funky jungle print. Love the striped borders too!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Even More Pics
Here's another installment of pics to look at from last weekend's ISQSC in Fargo ND. The germ gremlins got to me yesterday and now I have a nasty head cold so I don't think I'll be doing any quilting for the next little while.
I liked how the one off-kilter framing of the centre rectngle gave this quilt movement. The print used in this quilt is a funky jungle print. Love the striped borders too!
This is a quilt that I'll probably never make in my lifetime but I certainly do appreciate all the effort put into making such an intricate pattern. Click on the photot for a better look. Anybody know what it is?
Up next is a Dear Jane quilt. I know there are groups out there in blogland where quilters are making this quilt one small block at a time. This is truly a labour of love. I don't think this is a quilt that you can make in a weekend, LOL! I admire anyone who takes this on and finishes it. Click on the photo (yes you must) to truly appreciate the workmanship. Like I said, these blocks are 4.5 inches finished (yes!) and there's 225 blocks. I do have the first Dear Jane book by Brenda Papadakis and thoroughly enjoyed the story of Jane A. Stickle making this quilt in 1863.
That's it for today. Until next time .......
I liked how the one off-kilter framing of the centre rectngle gave this quilt movement. The print used in this quilt is a funky jungle print. Love the striped borders too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Much as I admire those last two quilts, I know I'll never make anything that intricate and fussy. THe first one is much more my style.
Awesome photos K! I like the second one, but also don't think I would ever do one like that... Now, the Dear Jane I have been thinking about!!! Do you think I could borrow your DJ-book for a bit? This way I could see if it really is for me to try, and then go out an buy a book for myself.
See you tonight!?
Thanks for the photo's! :-) I don't know the name of the second one, but I believe I've seen it before and it is paper-pieced.. that would make it much more do-able. I hope someone comes round who knows the name of it. The DJ is a beauty too~ I never thought of using black for the sashing, but I love it! Maybe someday I'll attempt one of those... ;-)
I admire the DJ quilt....have the book and cd....but still not started that one! Maybe next year,
The second picture is a pattern from a Fons & Porter magazine ('05? or '06?). It is called Conestoga Stars. I made a similar one with a yellow/gold background like they used in their magazine.
Post a Comment