This snowman has a patchwork scarf with a bird on his head.
Monday, September 15, 2008
It's Raining Snowmen
As promised yesterday here's a lot at what I got done at the mini-retreat yesterday and a little bit of work this afternoon. With all of these snowmen I have to embroider their eyes and mouths. I also have to stitch around all the shapes as they are fused down.
This snowman has a patchwork scarf with a bird on his head.
Next is Sassy snowman, a real fashion plate with that hat! A tree has to be embroidered below the star.
Here's the flag bearing Santa. Where's his flag you say?? I haven't made it yet LOL
Next is the three snowmen in a row. They look funny without their eyes and mouths, eh?
Next is some of the half-square triangles (hst) and flying geese blocks.
Lastly here's a view of everything spread out on my worktable. I stood up on a chair to take this pic!
These guys are fun to make but I'm still undecided if I should machine applique the raw edges with invisible thread. What do you suggest?? Until next time .......
This snowman has a patchwork scarf with a bird on his head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Soooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! They are adorable! You can machine applique anyway you would like. What about blanket stitch?
Looking good K! 8-)
QGB...your snowmen are just gorgeous...love your new header...
The fabrics are beautiful colours!
How is your free motion quilting going? you are lucky to have a frame AND stitch regulation.... Keep us posted.
Bec xxx
They are gorgeous. I'd blanket stitch in a grey. It's not as harsh as black.
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Very cute even if it's too early for me to think about snow. Lol. I'd say machine all the way but that's just me. We have visitors coming from Australia until Oct 3 and they are hoping to see snow! Yikes! I hope they don't get their wish.
QGB, very cute snowmen! Are you following a pattern, or just making them up as you go along? I think a blanket stitch would be really neat too~ I'd use black thread. ;-) Invisible thread and I don't get along. LOL Have fun!
I LOVE snowmen! Yours are looking great . . . I'd use either the grey or the black to blanket stitch around the shapes or even change colors for the different shapes - blue thread on blue print, etc., but around the snowmen the grey or black. Can't wait to see it with the borders and it all sewn together. - Marlene
Post a Comment