Thank Goodness It's Friday!
My teenagers went back to school on Wednesday this week and I'm a zombie. Getting up in the morning is not bad but my brain thinks it's okay to be awake past 2 am. Not much sleep for me. :^( In fact after lunch yesterday I took a 2 hour nap. Yikes! The only sewing I've done this week was after my nap yesterday.
This the scrappy baby quilt with the inner sashing added ...

Here's the scrappy baby quilt with the side borders added ...

And finally the top and bottom borders are added and it's done!

This will be the first 'real' quilt I'm going to quilt on my short-arm. First I have to practice with some muslin first. Any ideas on how to quilt this? It's gotta be easy-peasy since I'm brand new at this short-arm free-motion quilting. This baby quilt will be donated through my guild to the local children's hospital. Until next time .....
6 comments:
Isn't the coin quilt a great way to use up scraps. With minimal cutting too.
Love your header photo. I made a quilt like that for my son and it was so much fun to do. Simple to do and yet had punch. Too cute.
Hope you get more rest. I thought you were supposed to get to sleep in when they became teens? :) Not!
I have found that I can quilt loops like there is no tomorrow. I have a little trouble with meandering, but for the most part it looks OK. I do enjoy the loops though! Last night, I got adventerous and did some loops and flowers. You will just have to practice on the muslin and see what you feel the most comfortable with. Have you watched the Pajama Quilter?
Beautiful quilt.
Gorgeous quilt, I will have to do one of those one day when I get a few WIP done. A great way to use up left over jelly roll bits. Thanks for sharing
Kez
Hi again, I have quilted a couple of quilts. My mother in law is 89 and quilts a lot. She is working on a beautiful embrodiery quilt that I bought at a flea market.
Woohoo! You go girl! 8-)
Post a Comment