Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Back

I got back from Fargo ND at 8 pm last night. What a great trip; fabulous quilt show, lots of goodies to look at that the vendors were selling, a fun relaxing workshop and good time with friends! What more could a quilter ask for! I took over 50 pics so I'll be showing them all this week. Course I have to show you some today!
This first quilt won numerous ribbons and it's stunning in person. Click on the photo (yes you must) to see the close-up of the workmanship. The quilt is called Christmas Ribbons. My photo of if does not do it justice. It's a beautiful quilt, the poinsettia quilting in the white areas is just amazing.

I liked this sampler style quilt because of it's unusual colour combinations and I liked the appliqued flowers :^)
This quilt was made with batiks. I liked the overall look of this quilt. I just adore batiks :^)
Well that's it for now. I'm a zombie today but it was worth it to have a great weekend away. It's just so inspiring to attend a quilt show and see all the wonderful quilts. It's amazing to see what ideas quilters have and how they translate that into their quilts. To the ladies that put on ISQSC this year I salute you for a fantastic job well done and I'm already ready (and hoping) to attend next year's show and conference in Sept/09! Thanks to everyone who visited my blog and left comments while I was away. I'm glad you missed me! LOL !!! Off to do laundry and other fun things now (ugh)
Until next time .......

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm green with envy. I hope next year...

Myra said...

Hi K!
I've been gone all weekend also... meaning without the internet... So started another project... 8-)
Great to hear you had a great time, but then, I knew you all would! 8-)
Love the poinsettia quilt! Wow! Gorgeous!
Later Gaiter!
Happy stitchings!

em's scrapbag said...

Welcome home. Thanks for sharing the pics of the wonderful quilts. Get some rest. have a great day!! Em

Kim said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip. Gorgeous quilts. The very first one, love that! I was in Fargo last month. Did you visit the local quilt shops?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails