Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surprise

Tonight was a surprise birthday party/potluck supper for my friend Dl who turned 50 years old. We planned it over a month in advance and managed to keep it a secret from her. Was she surprised! She was so excited once she realized the party was for her. Lots of good food, desserts and here's her birthday cake (double chocolate). Some surprise guests also came which added to the already festive atmosphere. I can say wholeheartedly that everyone had a wonderful time. Although we did miss some people.....

Here's a pic of the bargello quilt that the birthday girl Dl was working on back on August 10th when we had a mini-retreat day. It's now completely quilted and bound and ready for her to give to her girlfriend who also turned 50 this month. This bargello has 14 colours in it compared to 8 colours I used in my bargello. I really like how this bargello turned out and I think it's quite striking. Until next time .......

6 comments:

Julie said...

The extra colours really make a difference don't they.

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous quilt! cake looked delicious!!!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

What a Great Cake!! She is a lucky lady!! Hugs, Mary

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love your blog!!!! Hugs, Mary

Myra said...

Awe nuts! I know I would miss a good night! I posted why I missed last night... you are going to roll your eyes and laugh! I'm so stupid sometimes... DUH!

Gina said...

What a great idea for your friend.

Love her quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails