Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Scraps

Here's what's leftover from the scrap quilt that is in my header. It was supposed to use up fqs and yardage of fabric I don't really like anymore and I've had forever (like 10+ years) But as you can see when I finished cutting what I needed for the header quilt I just shoved and crammed the leftovers into 2 plastic shopping bags. Enough is enough.....time to deal with these fabric scraps. So what's a girl to do?? Make more scrap quilts, this time for charity. My guild supports several causes including the local children's hospital. I was a premie at birth and stayed at the children's hospital for the first 2.5 months or so of my life. This way I can help kids and practice quilting on my short-arm; what a great 2 for 1 deal!

For those of you who are disciplined to cut up their scraps after finishing a project.........what do you prefer to cut?? ...... squares, or rectangles or strips? ..... what size?..... and how do you store them? Maybe I better train myself to do this because I can't stand the mess! ugh! Okay, off to cut some fabric.......I'll post some pics once I get started sewing (which probably won't be until early next week) Until next time .......

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm like you. I have big plastic bins jammed full of all sizes and colors. Bonnie at Quiltville has lots of ideas but I'm not disciplined enough.

Myra said...

I read someone's blog at some point that had a scrap cutting/storage plan, but I can't recall which blog? If I find it, I will bring it to your attention.
Later! 8-)

Gina said...

All my scraps go into a big plastic container. The only thing I keep separate are strips

Love and hugs Gina xx

Ruth's Place said...

I cut scraps as I go, but I've only just started doing this. I follow Bonnie at Quiltville's system with a few moderations. I also cut 1 inch squares for a project I have in mind...

Anonymous said...

Hi QGB, I cut all scraps into 2 1/2" strips. I clip them together according to color, with a chip clip, then these go into a see-through plastic box. I use the strips for scrap quilts, or inner borders, etc. I recently made 2 quilts for grandaughters for Christmas, only purchasing fabric for borders and backing. If you scroll back on my blog, you will see. Conversational prints go into 5" squares, I used most of these on the kids quilts! Barb from ocean waves quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails