
Once upon a time (1996 I think?) I met some quilters online and we formed our own group. We exchanged emails, had swaps and some even met in person. Once of these gals was an aspiring quilt pattern designer named Jane Kakaley who posted Mystery Quilt patterns on her website.

I had just started quilting but didn't have much time for it because my munchkins were 6years old and younger. So this is my result of her first Mystery Quilt.....I called it Mystery Stars. The big challenge was to select 4 warm colours,ranging from light to dark and 4 cool colours ranging from light to dark. The other pic is of the back of the quilt; I still love that fabric. A longarmer quilted it for me with a meander stitch all over. The quilt's about 44" square. Until next time .....
2 comments:
I love that quilt K! And for a first quilt you did really good with your colors choices! I may have to try that pattern out some day.... 8-)
You have me thinking about doing a mystery quilt one day...If you can believe it, I never did one...That quilt that you did has inspired me. You will have to write me and tell me how to get into all of this.
Micki
Post a Comment