Thursday, August 21, 2008

Batik & Flannel

At our Wed night quilt get-together Myra was giving me a hard time about why I haven't posted pics of a particular quilt I finished early this year. Myra loves to give me a hard time about all sorts of things. lol!!! But I must say she posted a great pic of a table-centrepiece quilt our friend Dp made and you can see the pic here. Kewl isn't it? It's made up of giant triangles that were paper-pieced.

Here are some pics of a batik flannel quilt that I made as a gift for 2 very special people.

Here's the quilt at full length; it's for a queen size bed .....
Here's a close up of one section of the quilt .....Here's an even closer look at the quilt .....
The fabrics and pattern came from SewBatik and you can visit their website here. If you love batiks you'll love their website! These pics do not do justice to the lucsious colours that were used in this quilt. It included every colour of the rainbow. The quilting was done with varigated thread by a longarmer quilter and it finished it off beautifully. Until next time .....

3 comments:

Myra said...

Hey You! I don't give you a hard time!!! I remind you... 8-)
How come you didn't post a photo of Dp's Octagon from last night? Not everyone views both our blogs...
Love that flannel quilt! I haven't worked with flannels yet...except for diapers and PJs...a very long time ago...
Happy stitchings! I'm off to bind a quilt...

Julie said...

Wow, stunning, I love the fabrics. I've also sent a link for the octagon to my Mum, she loves patchwork like that. Very clever.

Julie said...

Wow, stunning, I love the fabrics. I've also sent a link for the octagon to my Mum, she loves patchwork like that. Very clever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails