After the excitement of Sunday night and drawing the name of the winner of my 300th post giveaway (Congrats Michelle!) my sewing time has been frustrating.
Take a look at this pic, it's one of the blocks of the Schnibbles pattern called 'Winter White'. It's a rogue block! Ugh! And I didn't notice it until the nine patch block was all sewn together. Rip rip rip
And I've been doing a bit of work on the Half Pint Quilt Along.
Dealing with squares that measure 1.5 inches and making nine patches that measure 3.5 inches unfinished (3 inches finished).They're so small!
It doesn't look like I'll finish the October Schnibbles pattern
'Cindy Lou Who' before I leave for the quilt retreat on Friday. I've been cutting a lot of 2 inch squares from charm packs but that's about it.
I'm still going to work on it before the retreat.
3 more sleeps until the retreat, and the excitement is building! I must also figure out what projects to work on for the retreat. I think I have a lot of cutting to do in the next couple of days. I'd rather do lots of cutting beforehand so I can sew and sew and sew at the retreat.
One of my friends from my Wednesday Quilt get-togethers and fellow retreat attendee has started a new blog. Please go over and visit her and leave a comment. She'd be thrilled!
Until next time...
'Cindy Lou Who' before I leave for the quilt retreat on Friday. I've been cutting a lot of 2 inch squares from charm packs but that's about it. I'm still going to work on it before the retreat.
3 more sleeps until the retreat, and the excitement is building! I must also figure out what projects to work on for the retreat. I think I have a lot of cutting to do in the next couple of days. I'd rather do lots of cutting beforehand so I can sew and sew and sew at the retreat.
One of my friends from my Wednesday Quilt get-togethers and fellow retreat attendee has started a new blog. Please go over and visit her and leave a comment. She'd be thrilled!
Until next time...
15 comments:
Whoops! Happens to all of us :-) Have fun on your retreat.
have fun at the retreat!
Kathie
Have tons of fun at your retreat! Don't think I'm going to have my Schnibble done...sigh!
I won't be getting mine done either. I just got the shipping notification YESTERDAY, I ordered it on the 6th. So I'm not pleased, been thinking it was held up in customs. Oh well. Have fun on your retreat!
I love seam rippers...if only we had them for life as well as sewing! Please live your retreat vicariously for all of us slogging away at home this weekend! God speed and have the best time!
Whoops! Sorry you had to rip-it, rip-it! I like doing the cutting before a retreat too. ;-) Have a great time!
I love the Cindy Lou Who pattern - I have several of teh Schnibbles patterns and I'm working on one right now for Tuffets - the cutest pin coushins
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/
Sigh! wish i was going on a retreat!! not at all jealous really! Hope you have a lovely time.
x
Ooopsie Happens to the best of us. Have way too much fun at your retreat! Wishing lots of sewing time and no ripping time.
AGGHH! How frustrating! Oh well it happens to all of us. Have fun on your retreat!
I hate unsewing! And I must say, you have SO much patience to put all those tiny pieces together! I hope you have a wonderful time at your retreat.
Thanks for sharing your blunder, makes me feel much more normal!
Have much fun on your retreat!
I was doing ripping this week also - just gotta stick that grin on your face and get it done! Love the colors in your rogue block, plus can't wait to see your Schnibbles get done. Have a blast at the retreat and take a bunch of pictures! - Marlene
Oops! They say mistakes add character to your quilt. That's a lot of character. LOL
Post a Comment