Friday, January 2, 2009

January Projects

Like many bloggers out there I've been thinking about what projects to focus on for the entire year as well as just this month. So while "Mamma Mia" songs like "Dancing Queen", "SOS", and "Waterloo" were going through my head last night while in bed I decided that my main focus for this month will be the following:

Blizzard Bunch BOMRemember this one? I started this in Oct and got 9 blocks finished. Only 3 left to go and then add 2 borders and the top will be finished.

I also want to catch up with the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM; I've done 3 blocks and there are 4 more waiting for me.
I'm going next week to buy some DMC floss to match the fabrics I've chosen (Moda's Peace on Earth) so I can start stitching my Nice People Nice Things quilt. I'm very excited about this project.I'm also going to try to make a party bag that designer Pat Sloan has been talking about on her blog and yahoo group. I really want to do this tomorrow. Want to check it out? Click on Pat's blog here.

My other January project is not quilt related unfortunately. I have to purge 2 of the bedrooms before the end of January because the 2 bedrooms are getting redone. Anybody have any good tips on getting that job done?
I detest doing it!

So now I want to hear from all of you out there in blogland (yes, even the lurkers) what you have planned to work on for the month of January. Until next time .......

5 comments:

Lise said...

Wow you are going to be a very busy bee lol,,,I'm going to work on a flannel rag quilt, and keep up with our mystery quilt,,,hoping to also start a bali pop quilt... I love your blizzard bunch , that'll be really cute...happy stitching,,,

Canarella said...

Where do I start...love mama mia got the DVDwith the sing along for Christmas from Santa Claus what a guy......January prep the black and white project start to cut my own project and figured out how to do the calender project while working full time and juggling the rest ofthe choresbut heck they can wait like so many things it can wait but notmy projects number one to do in 2009.love your stuff

Ruth's Place said...

My January project is to work on my latest quilt that I'm going to start cutting today. Hopefully get most of it finished...stitching time is limited. But I want to finish more than 2 quilts this year.

Myra said...

Well, looks like you have your work cut out for you there K!
Good luck with the bedrooms! 8-)

Pamela Kirkpatrick said...

Mine isn't quilt related but at a past trip to the candy store (fabric store), I picked up a pattern for a jacket and some nice tweed to make it with. Not a January project but hope to have it done by the time it's spring! Great quilts, I love the heart one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails