Monday, January 12, 2009

One of those Days

My day in the sewing room started off okay, I fused and stitched one of the 3 remaining snowmen blocks for my Blizzard Bunch BOM. Then the instructions said to fold the block in half and then in half again, unfold it and cut it into 4 pieces based on the fold lines. Aaaaak! be still my heart, I don't want to screw this up. Phew, okay, I cut it successfully.
Onto the next snowman block which has a large tree in it. I fuse the tree to the background, lift up the iron and Aaaaaaak! the tree rolled up and fused to itself. So I very carefully unpeel it off the background fabric, root around for more Steam-a-Seam, trace another tree, iron another piece of green fabric and successfully fused the new tree to the background. Phew! okay, let's get the last block ready to fuse and I'll do a whole bunch of machine buuton-hole stitch at once.

Everything in the third block is ready to fuse except for the snowman's mittens. I carefully cut out the first mitten and when I cut out the second mitten Aaaak! the fabric shifted while I was and the mitten was no good. Okay fine, trace out another mitten and cut it out perfectly and go to place it on the snowman and Aaaaaak! I have 2 right handed mittens. Okay, what's next ?? The scrap of fabric I was using for the mittens is now too small and I hunt down another scrap to use. Phew! I finally have 2 correct mittens ready to fuse.

So at this point it's lunchtime. After I eat lunch I think: Do I dare go back to the sewing room?? I don't want to make anymore mistakes! So I took a computer break and went back to the sewing room. I'm thankful that I didn't have any more problems today! Phew!
Until next time.......

3 comments:

Pat said...

Ah...yes...one of THOSE days! I think we have all had them. I know, too, that I must take a break at a certain point or sure (and unfixable) disaster will occur with my project!!! I'm sure your snowy quilt is going to be terrific. Can't wait to see it when you have all the blocks in place and ready for another show and tell.

The Demanding Doll said...

Eeek! I'm glad you hung in there! I'm sure it will be the only rough sewing day this whole year and now you've gottent it over with already. :)

Myra said...

LOL! OH my K!!! I have had days like that with applique pieces and steam-a-seam... Damn frustrating it is!!! Glad your afternoon went much better... At least you got back to it right away, cause I would have walked out of the sewing room and stayed out for at least 2-3 days... 8-)
Happy stitchings...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails