Today is a good day because...
It's my dad's 88th birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!
I finished piecing my Blizzard Bunch BOM,
I made the binding for my Blizzard Bunch BOM,
It's a blogaversary for me; seven (7) months ago today I started my blog,
and
I'm posting a surpise that I was given on Friday!
Friday was the last day of classes for Semester 1 for my teens. This coming week is exams and then on Feb. 2nd Semester 2 starts. My DD kept giving hints for the past while that she had a surprise for me. So, when they got home from school on Friday I got my surprise! What is it you want to know?

It's a bag that she made for me (in her sewing class) out of the most awesome sea turtle fabric! Now she knows how much I adore and love sea turtles. I fell in love with them in Maui last year in May when I was there on vacation. Everyday I went snorkeling and the sea turtles swam with us so how could I not fall in love with them? Here's a close-up of the awesome fabric she used...

Click on the pics for a closer look. She used the green you see poking out for the lining inside. I'm already using it to store my DMC floss that I'm using for my NPNT stitcheries which I started working on this week. I'll post pics of my NPNT progress when I've got something worthwhile to show you. Until next time .......
13 comments:
Happy Birthday to your Dad. I am glad you have finished piecing the Blizzard BOM. The bag your daughter mad is yummy.
what a lovely bag and a very clever daughter - such gorgeous fabric.
xx
WOW...how absolutely wonderful for your daughter to put so much thought and effort into that terrific gift for you! Thanks for sharing (and happy b'day to your dad and happy bloggaversary to you AND congrats on finishing the piecing for your great snowmen quilt!!!) Tell your daughter GREAT job from me.....you must be SO proud to have such a great kid!
Happy Blogaversary! Your daughter certainly seems to know where your heart is with that bag. Very nice.
What a fabulous bag!!! I have never seen a sea turtle myself, only on tv, but someday I'll see one!
You say you finished piecing your Snow Blizzard BOM and you are not going to show us!?! What a tease you are!!! 8-)
The bag your daughter made you is wonderful! My daughter loves turtles too... Tell her I said she did an awesome job! Good for her! 8-)
Happy stitchings!
Happy 7 month blogaversary. What a great bag!
well done on finishing the snowblizzard BOM.
What agreat bag your daughter made you.
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Your daughter did a great job. Lovely bag. And of course I realy would like a look at your finished Blizzard BOM. So clever of you to start a new BOM immediately. It is still winter time with long evenings. (how's the weather btw?)
Happy Blogaversary! Cute, cute bag! :-)
Happy Stitchin'!
You must be a very proud mama! Not everyone's daughter makes gifts like that . . . mine doesn't even sew. Belated blogiversary and happy birthday to your dad - I hope you had a chance to celebrate both. Happy stitching! - Marlene
Wow, that is really a lovely bag, and how thoughtful that it was given to you *VBS*
Congratulation on your anniversary! Hugs, Finn
Happy birthday to your dad!
Your bag looks excellent, love the turtles. Congratulations to your daughter for a job well done!
Bec xxx
Post a Comment