Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brrrrrr Blizzard Bunch

8 am this morning we turn on the TV to check the weather and it says -36 C with the windchill it feels like -50C (-58 F) Huh? -50C ? Our extreme weather even got mentioned on CNN this morning for goodness sake. I can't even describe to you what that feels like except that exposed skin freezes in less than 2 minutes. It also means time well spent in the sewing room. I want to show you my progress with my Blizzard Bunch BOM.

Remember my snowman that I had to cut up into 4 pieces? (read about it here) Well I put him back together again, take a look
Here's the snowman block with the big tree in it
Finally here's the last snowman blockAll the snowman blocks are done. Yay! I'm doing my happy dance. I just have a few connector blocks to do and then I can start assembling this quilt top. Maybe I could get this done by the end of January? Hmmmm........
Off to the sewing room now.......
Until next time .......

19 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Love your little snowmen... :o)

Brenda said...

Your snowmen are so cute!! I can hardly wait to see them all together and ready for showing!!

It's snowing here today, so they are perfect for how I am feeling today!! Love 'em!

Myra said...

Your peeping snowman turned out great K!!! The other 2 are wonderful also! Can't wait to see them all put together!!! Woohoo!!!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Joyce said...

It's hard to believe this weather! And they are predicting +2 by Sunday. Your snowmen are very cute.

Paula said...

I cannot even IMAGINE temps. that cold!!!!!

I'm adoring your snowmen!! So cute.

Pat said...

I just love that snowman peeking through the window now! My sewing machine is doing the "I'm broken" dance today. UGH.....DH is looking at it now. It's still under warranty and I do have 2 back-ups, but this one is only a few months old and it's got me very crabby that it's not working today. Happy sewing to you, though!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

They are so cute! Yay! for you and all the progress you have made! :-)) I can't imagine such cold temps either~ soup & sewing sounds like the perfect combo. ;-)

Happy stitchin'!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute snowmen! And we are getting that freezing cold weather tonight and tomorrow... Oh boy... I hope my furnace holds out!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

ooh your snowmen are looking AWESOME!!! This is a quilt I would love to do! I LOVE snowmen!!!

We didn't get a snow day here, even though we had a little snowstorm this morning. All the schools were closed and many businesses as well... but being I'm with gov't, we are the very last to close.. sniff sniff.. so no snow/sew day for me today :( The wind is blowing over a 100Km out there tonight though...

Keep warm!!! With those temps you will need a couple extra quilts on the bed! :)

Julie said...

I'm still waiting for you girls to send over some snow. 44.8C here yesterday !!!!! You have one extreme we have the other. Not sure if I would prefer the heat or cold.

Anne Marie said...

Fabulous snowmen and how appropriate considering your temps...brrrrr!! Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt!

wonderwoman said...

your snowman looks great! i will never moan about our weather over here - compared to what you are having at the moment ours is just nothing!

xxx

Louann said...

I love the snow men. The one looking through the window looks great. That is going to be cute quilt. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Louann

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great snowmen...especially the one with the tree!!! We are having plus 40c deg...but I'm not complaining!!! Thank you for visiting...Happy Stitching to you!!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love them all! i did a wallhanging where i had to cut it apart and i couldn't do it lol!

em's scrapbag said...

I love your frosty fellows. Hope you stay warm and toasty, yikes it's cold at your house. Enjoy the sewing time.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love your snowment, too!

It's really cold where I live today, too. It's supposed to get even colder tonight.

Today we had a workshop at my quilt guild. It was in the single digits. 40 people came to the workshop! You can't keep quilters home even when it's super cold!

Kate said...

The snowmen blocks are looking great!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

QGB the snowmen blogs are just so darn gorgous...and oh....that is so cold...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails