Monday, July 13, 2009

Today's Letter is "M"

The alphabet letter of the day is "M". Before I list the reasons why today is brought to you by the letter "M" I think we all need a laugh. Ready?
Now that we've had a good LOL it's time for my list...

1. It's Monday, the 13th. Need I say more?

2. Migraine. Started yesterday afternoon but the worst of it was in the early hours of today. Slept sitting upright on the leather sofa in the living room. Totally confused our dog. Good thing I had a couple of my quilts to snuggle with and give me some comfort.

3. Music. Tonight DD and I are going to a concert. Will post more on that tomorrow. Note to self: find binouculars and maybe earplugs?

4. Mail delivery to my house Monday to Friday. You just never know what's going to arrive; a quilt magazine or book, some fabric or a pattern or other quilt goodness.

5. My First Quilt. I know that Camille and Carrie circulated the idea in blogland of posting pics of your first quilt and most recent quilt. I didn't send in my pics soon enough (the deadline was yesterday). Anyhow I thought I'd post a pic here of my first quilt.
I made it in the spring of 1993 while very pregnant with #3 child. It's hand pieced and hand quilted. I didn't own a sewing machine yet!

6. Moda Bake Shop. It's so much fun to see what projects are posted there. Go there today and see the yummy dessert recipe called Whoopie Pie. LOL
7. My followers. #50 joined up a couple of days ago. How awesome is that?

Thought I'd try out this layout for fun, not to confuse my loyal readers. Until next time...

7 comments:

Pat said...

MMMMMMMMMM....what a fun MONDAY at your blog!

Brenda said...

I hope the headache went away. How was the concert??? Last one I went to was Weird Al Ancovitch (spelt that wrong for sure!!) My first quilt was for my first born DD!! And it has been years since I have made another, but I do pretend alot.......

and good for you with the 50 followers!!! I am glad I follow you, and I am sure they aren't sorry either!!!
Monday the 13th. I didn't catch that till you said it!! Well, it was a good day for me - maybe because of the date!!
Hope you are doing great!!!

Crispy said...

"M"arvelous post today Karen LOL. I hope your poor head gets better soon, those migraines are no fun at all.

Crispy

Joyce said...

Sorry about the migraine. Enjoy your concert.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL cute little funny there! ;-) Sorry to read abt the migraine, hope it is long gone before the concert! :-/

Jilly's Space said...

Fun Post!

Julie said...

Love the little cartoon. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails