Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a Deal!

On my way home from getting a haircut I stopped at Fabricland to pick up some thread and Steam-a-Seam fusible web that I needed for the quilt retreat that starts tomorrow. Of course I had a quick look around and I spotted this fabric....I gasped out loud, looked at the price tag for the price/metre and then saw it was on sale. Well now I was practically jumping up and down on the spot in the store (please keep in mind that I'm bouncing off the walls today because I'm so excited about this quilt retreat).

I know, I know, so now you're all thinking "uh oh, quilter going bananas is really going bananas" because what's the big deal about this fabric. Hold on a sec, I'll explain! My oldest (teenaged) child is an avid fan of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team. So how could I pass up this fabric? right? Regularly $10/metre marked down to $4/metre. So now I have to figure out what to make with it, all 14 metres of it!

Off to go pack up my sewing stuff for the retreat. Until next time .......

5 comments:

wonderwoman said...

well all that fabric is sure gonna keep you busy!! have a lovely time.

xx

Kate said...

Nice work! Nothing like a good fabric bargain to make your day.

em's scrapbag said...

What a deal on the fabric. Your teenager will be thrilled. Have way too much fun at your retreat!

Joyce said...

I'd buy any fabric at that kind of discount no matter what it looked like! Lol.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

14 metres?! Well, there's pj's and pillowcases, a quilt and... hmm, how much do we have left? :-D LOL

Have fun on your retreat! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails