Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mittens and Minestrone

Another snowman block, Mr. Mittens is finished. I have 3 more to do. Click on the pic for a closer look.With winter looming and it's now November my thoughts turn to soup, specifically Minestrone soup. My favorite one is from the restaurant chain Olive Garden and I found a copycat version recipe for it and I love it. So I thought I'd share it with you!
Click here to see the recipe.
I made a few changes to the recipe that were suggested by other readers.
1. I do not drain the can of diced tomatoes
2. I add an 8 oz can of tomato sauce
3. I add 1 can of each bean instead of 2 cans

If you make the soup please leave me a comment and tell me what you think! I think I'll make some for our lunch today, just thinking about it makes my tummy growl! Until next time .......

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Snowman, soup time, I will give the recipe a try when it gets colder its watermelon time here Cheers Margaret

Carol said...

I'm going to give it a try...I love that soup.

em's scrapbag said...

Love your snowman block. Yes it is the time of year to be thinking of soup. I just love soup. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

wonderwoman said...

its freezing and very wet here which is the perfect weather for a nice bowl of soup - and freshly made bread - yummy!
thanks for the receipe!

xx

Myra said...

Those snowmen are just too darn cute Kh!!! I may have to borrow the pattern at some point... in three winters... I figure I should have my PHD completed by then!!! LOL! 8-)

I like Olive Garden's soup with the sausage, potatoes, and kale... Mmmmmmm.....

quilterpolly said...

what is the pattern you are doing with all the snowman. I will try the soup when it gets a little cooler here. it is to hot...

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Love the block and all the others we've seen so far. It's going to be a big quilt by the looks of all these blocks. Minestrone soup isn't one of my favorites - I'm a cream soup of any kind kinda gal - you know . . . the stuff with all the calories in it! Have a great weekend. - Marlene

Sara said...

I came here from cornbreadandbeans. I love love love that snowman quilt. I collect snowman - I would love to add that quilt to my collection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails