Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Back!

I'm back from my time away in Fargo ND attending the ISQSC.
My workshop on Saturday with Darlene Zimmerman was fabulous. I learned a lot from her. The workshop was based on her book called "The Quilter's Edge: Borders, Binding and Finishing Touches". This book is a wonderful resource, I recommend it highly. Off course I bought the book from her and she graciously signed it as well :^)

The quilt show was also wonderful with lots of quilts to look at and admire. I'll show pics from the show in another post. I did my best to stimulate the local economy by supporting the vendors at the show :^)

When I returned home yesterday there was a pile of mail goodness for me. First of all there was my giveaway parcel from Lena Karen from Norway. I was one of the lucky winners of her recent giveaway.
Here's a pic of my prize:a beautiful zippered makeup pouch with some candy goodies inside :^)
Thanks Lena Karen, I love my giveaway prize!

The next block from the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM also arrived. I better get it done soon because I've been keeping up with this BOM and I don't want to fall behind! Looking forward to catching up with everyone this week and stay tuned for more posts and pics of my trip to the ISQSC in Fargo ND. Until next time...

18 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

Im glad that you like the little makeup purse :o) And that it not was missing in mail....

Kim said...

I too have taken Darlene's class on edging and learned a lot. I use to be a ND gal but have since moved south to Iowa and found my quilt passion. I enjoy your blog.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Welcome back! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing some new edges then? :-) I won one of those little purses too..she did a fantastic job!

Pat said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you had such a good class and how nice to come home to packages in the mail!!!

joan said...

Lovely projects!
Looking forward to my 1st edition of the Quilter's Connection (Canadian) magazine.

Jocelyn said...

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing some great pictures!

Michelle said...

Welcome Back! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Karen said...

Darlene Zimmerman has been around a long time but I have never taken a class from her.

Crispy said...

Welcome Home, I sure wish I could have gone, but I had to work...bummer LOL.

Look forward to seeing the quilts.

Crispy

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I also won a little make up bag from Lena Karen. They are just precious!!

Gina said...

welcome home.

I'm looking forward to the quilt photos

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Myra said...

Hi K! Welcome home! Sounds like you had a good time! Quilt show, why wouldn't you right! 8-)
That book looks/sounds interesting...
Nice little win, and sounds like you've got your BOM work on the go already! 8-)
I shant see you at CCC tonight, but have fun!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Welcome back!! I can't wait to see what goodies you brought home!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Allie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip - Darlene Zimmerman, I'm so jealous!!! Love your giveaway parcel from Lena!

Dianne said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time and came home to goodies in the mail. Hope to see you next week at cc.

Micki said...

Welcome back and it looks like you had a wonderful workshop!
Micki

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Looks like you had a great time. Looking forward to your creations now you have all that knowledge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails