I decided to photograph and post pics of the first Quilt Sampler I ever made, way back in the early part of 1995. It was a class taught at a local LQS. The teacher, Marilyn, was an absolute delight. With her teaching techniques you couldn't not love piecing and quilting! It was hand pieced (I didn't own a sewing machine yet) and I basted it to hand quilt.
I think 4 blocks got quilted, then I stopped. Folded it up and into the cupboard it went until today. That's why the fabrics look at little wrinkly so ignore that please!
This block is called Card Trick and it showcases the 4 main fabrics I chose for this quilt nicely. Feel free to click on the pic for a closer look but ignore the giant basting stitches in it, okay? LOL
Until next time...
Until next time...
6 comments:
That's pretty - are you going to finish it?
I really like that block. I have always planned to do it but so far haven't.
Love it. Walking down memory lane :-)
The block looks great!! Does this mean you are working on finishing it?
Crispy
yes...consider finishing it...as a tribute to that nice teacher who introduced you to the world of quilting!!! I like the card trick block. I've not made one yet, but will for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt.
Looks good! Love your fabrics! You should post a photo with your hand-quilted blocks girl! 8-)
Post a Comment