Friday, September 18, 2009

Another Freebie and Video

Dorothy Baker, a Canadian quilter and designer has started a free BOM called Sweet Nostalgia and the first block has been posted.
Click here to visit her blog.

I came across this video tutorial on binding from Judy L of Patchwork Times. Click here to view the video. I do like to hand sew my bindings to the back of the quilt but if I was on a tight deadline to finish a quilt I would consider trying this technique. If you've tried binding a quilt this way leave a comment, I'd love to know how you like it (or not).

I've been working on finishing block #4 from Red Delicious BOM and doing the hand embroidery on several of the Tisket A Tasket Bunnyhill BOM blocks. I've been avoiding finishing machine quilting my Hunter's Star quilt, maybe this weekend I'll deal with it. LOL, I do want to get it done!
Until next time...

4 comments:

Crispy said...

I just finished my Aunt Millie block for this month and was trying to decide what to work on next, seeing your pretty Tisket blocks, I think I will play with those since I only have one done LOL.

Crispy

em's scrapbag said...

Your blocks are very nice. Happy quilting this weekend!

Allie said...

Your blocks look great - love the fabrics! Love Dorothy's new BOM.

Myra said...

Thanks for pointing out Judy's binding post K! 8-)

As Phyllis would say about your machine quilting, "get-er-done!" HA! I should talk hey!?!?! lol! 8-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails