I need some comic relief, badly.
I attempted to free motion quilt my Hunter's Star quilt top on
Sunday night and Monday afternoon.
It went okay, but I had serious problems with thread breakage. I rethreaded that machine many times thinking that was the problem. Still happened. Sigh. So while I was trying very hard not to get frustrated I glanced over at my thread catcher
and I immediately thought of the classic children's camp song...
On Top of Spaghetti
On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese.
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.
It rolled of the table, it rolled on the floor,
And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door.
It rolled in the garden and under a bush,
And then my poor meatball was nothing but mush.
The mush was as tasty as tasty could be,
And early next summer it grew to a tree.
The tree was all covered in beautiful moss.
It grew great big meatballs and tomato sauce.
So if you eat spaghetti all covered in cheese,
Hold onto your meatball and don't ever sneeze.
If you're not familiar with this children's camp song, google the title and there are lots of videos for you to choose from to watch I'm sure. I got the lyrics here
Today's the last day of summer holidays for my kids.
Back to school tomorrow!
Until next time...
Sunday night and Monday afternoon.
It went okay, but I had serious problems with thread breakage. I rethreaded that machine many times thinking that was the problem. Still happened. Sigh. So while I was trying very hard not to get frustrated I glanced over at my thread catcher
On Top of Spaghetti
On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese.
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.
It rolled of the table, it rolled on the floor,
And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door.
It rolled in the garden and under a bush,
And then my poor meatball was nothing but mush.
The mush was as tasty as tasty could be,
And early next summer it grew to a tree.
The tree was all covered in beautiful moss.
It grew great big meatballs and tomato sauce.
So if you eat spaghetti all covered in cheese,
Hold onto your meatball and don't ever sneeze.
If you're not familiar with this children's camp song, google the title and there are lots of videos for you to choose from to watch I'm sure. I got the lyrics here
Today's the last day of summer holidays for my kids.
Back to school tomorrow!
Until next time...
11 comments:
That's funny!! (the song) Hate it that your thread kept breaking.
LOL - thanks for the memory! :-)
I'll be going to bed with that song in my head now. I hadn't heard it for years
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Oh dear...now this tune will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day!
Ah..yes...I recall that song from Girl Scout days!!! :)
I remember that song too.
And for the thread breakage problems, change your needle. I had to change my need 4 times until I found one that wouldn't break my thread. Then it was smooth sailing. I was using Superior Highlight and the needle that finally worked was a 90/14 topstitch. Threads can be fickle. (You would also have to adjust tensions too a bit.)
I remember that song! Thanks for posting the lyrics, now I can torture my boys with it. *snicker* I'm sorry your thread keeps breaking!
THread breaking is so frustrating. I hope you have solved the problem. There are so many possible causes that it often takes lots of time to find the right solution.
I used to sing that on the bus on the way to day camp.
Micki
I'm sorry your thread keeps breaking, that really has to be very frustrating. I wish I could give advise, but I can't even remember the solutions I have read, I think one had to do with bobbin tension, but I'm no expert :0)
Crispy
I've been singing all day !!
Post a Comment