Thursday, September 3, 2009

Show and Tell

Here's a few show and tell pics from last night's Wednesday night quilt get-together. As always click on the pics for a closer look-see.
My photography skills are not that great :^O
D participated in a row round robin. She made the middle horizontal strip and then it got passed around 8 times and 8 units of blocks were added. And this is the result!P was busy finishing hand sewing the binding for this beauty. It's much prettier than my pic. Gorgeous batiks in it!Here's P's project from last week
A fellow Canadian blogger, Kaaren, a quilter and beginner cross-stitcher asked me to post pics of my cross stitch samplers that I made years ago (before I was a quilter). These are 2 of many projects that I've completed in the 1980's. They hang on my kitchen wall.Check out Kaaren's blog here. She's starting a new feature tomorrow on her blog called First Friday Freebie. Check it out!
Until next time...

8 comments:

Crispy said...

Thanks for the eye candy!! I love how she staggered the rows, made a much more interesting quilt.

Love your samplers too :0)

Crispy

Brenda said...

Cross Stich is something I had done a whole lot of - since I was 13 yrs old. I still am working on projects, but they, like most things, come and go. If I wake up, and pull out my x-stich, I am there all day......... same as if I pick a fiction book. So, knowing this, I don't pull it out very often!! People also got used to watching TV with the light on right behind me!! And not to touch mom's stuff!! Right from tiny, my girls never touched my stiching things - which I am very thankful for. When other kids came over, it was picked up and hidden.

Good projects. And you do fine with photo's!! I am still working on those too!!!
have a very great Thursday - and make this weekend work for you. Cold wether is heading our way, thunder storms tonight, and fall is really coming.... *smiles*

Pat said...

I used to cross stitch but then found my eyes were straining too much when doing it. I love your pieces and also like the projects you showed from the members of your group.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Thanks for the pics! Love P's quilt! I used to cross-stitch pre-quilting too! :-) And I made a sampler for my kitchen~ and its hanging! LOL :-)

Allie said...

Lovely - thanks for the eye candy!

Micki said...

Thanks for all the pics and the lovely quilt show for us.
Micki

Gina said...

Love the show and tell

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Myra said...

Another show and tell missed... I doubt I will be there this week either as I am still not feeling good...
Wonderful cross-stitcheries! 8-)
Your link to the blog for the 'friday freebie' does not work K...
Hope you had a good long weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails