Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sampler Quilts

Sampler Quilts, gotta love them.  I love that each block is different.  I love that you learn different techniques with each block completed.  I love that you get to choose (possibly) different fabrics for each block. I could go on and on.   While surfing through quilt designers blogs today I came across this post from Camille Roskelley's Simplify blog.

Go on read it, I'll wait and then come back okay?

 Camille's post is all about blocks from this book.   
I love how her blocks look made from modern fabrics.  Don't get me wrong I love how this Sampler looks with more traditional fabrics too.  
I love Sampler Quilts.  What else can I say?  
Oh and for those of you who are wondering No I Am Not Making this Quilt anytime soon!  I have fabric all ready to go for a Dear Jane quilt. I have posted some blocks made from the Sylvia Bridal Sampler (SBS) Quilt.  I need to get back to making more of those blocks.  And I want to make Orca Bay by Bonnie Hunter where she starts posting the steps for her Mystery starting on November 18th.
Until next time...

3 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

:-) I love that little disclaimer of yours! I have DJ blocks started too, and plan to do Bonnie Hunter's mystery, but really...what is one more start? LOL Have a happy day!

Kate said...

I love Camille's blocks so much I just ordered the book! I really want to make a Ruby version...as least its a project that can be done bit-by-bit amongst other things.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the link - interesting to see these blks done up in nice bright fabrics!!
And I am happily waiting for the 18th to get started on the new mystery!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails