Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tagged Invite-Don't Open Email Invite

I can't believe how dumb I am sometimes. I received 2 emails from quilters I know that 'invited me to see their pics'. So I went for it. After I registered and saw what was going on I deleted my account. But it probably already did it's damage. Argh! So if any of you recieve an email that's an 'invite' from me don't open it, delete it and make it spam! For further info read this helpful post that Crispy wrote and a post from Michelle here that explains it very well.

My apologies to my quilter friends that read my blog.
Until next time....

10 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for the "heads up" about this.....didn't get any invite yet...but will be sure to delete if and when I do.

wonderwoman said...

just got one but did not open it as it looked a bit suspect!!! will go back now and delete! thanks.

xxx

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Yes, thank you . . . I had one of those this morning from an artist's name that was familiar to me and when I clicked the "yes" and it took me to a place to sign in - I just deleted it. Only because I'm really lazy about stuff like that! Thanks for the info. - Marlene

Finn said...

Thank you so much for knowing what that "invite" was all about. I looked at my email quite late last evening, and there were 4 of those "Tagged" things in my box. And, of course, all were from quilter blog that would be logical for me open since I know them.
It just stuck me "odd" though, and I decided to risk hurting feelings(as they say you will) and deleted them without clicking on the "see pictures" button.
I hope your system will be alright. Sending big hugs and gratitude for your post, Finn

Sara said...

I am so sorry! I really apoligize, I thought it was like facebook and it came from a quilting friend to see pictures, I apoligize with my whole heart!

Myra said...

I had 2 of those emails yesterday that I chose to delete, and then 2 more today that I also deleted... Now, after reading all about this in our friendly blogs, I am glad that I did not take a peek... Thanks for the warning and link to bigger explanations... 8-)

Gina said...

thanks for the heads up. I received one yesterday. It was from a quilter but not one I'd had contact with in a long time. I got the join page but didn't bother as it seemed suspicious. I was going to email her and check first. I've deleted it now.
I'm sorry you got caught out. Gemma got caught out lke this a few years ago and it took me months to sort out the hassle it caused.
If you are ever suspicious about something I've sent you then please email me to check. I won't be offended.

Love and hugs

Gina xxx

Micki said...

Thanks for the heads up about this!
Micki

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Thanks for the warning! I too hate those spam emails! I haven't seen an invite yet, but I will keep my eyes open!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Jossie said...

Fortunately I haven't had any yet. But I am aware now.Thank you for mentioning it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails