Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wow! 20!

Yup, that's what everyone says, Wow! 20! as in you've been married for 20 years? Congratulations!

On this day, June 25, 1989, DH and I got married.
By the time we celebrated our 4th anniversary in 1993, I had just brought home from the hospital (the week before) our youngest child. Yup, we had 3 kids in just under 2.5 years. 15 months apart between child #1 and #2 and 15 months apart between child #2 and #3. It was absolute chaos during those years let me tell you. Now the children are 18, 17 and 16 and I wonder where on earth did the time go? If you see it flying by please let me know, LOL.

So that's the reason the 5 of us are in Grand Cayman right now. Celebrating 20 years. Wow! And the reason for the pic of Pepe Le Pew and Penelope is that as kids growing up these 2 cartoon characters were on our all-time favourites' list because they're playful and romantic. So now you know! Until next time...

16 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to reach 20 years with my hubby! Yesterday was our 9th anniversary...and our two younguns are 16 months apart as well! Chaos is a good description! Congratulations again and I hope all five of you have an awesome on Grand Caymen!!!!

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!! And you have been busy since the very first day!! lol!! What a great way to celelbrate a life of love, laughter and tons of joy, by doing all together in one of the most beautiful places in the world!!
What a great way to celelbrate 20 yrs!! Enjoy!!!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! We're heading towards our 18th anniversary... and our daughter will turn 17 four days prior to that.

Yep, we Canadian girls work pretty quickly, don't we?

Pat said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. We will hit #42 in August...YIKES!!! That is scary to think that many years have passed so quickly.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations to you and 'Pepe'! :)) Wow, you were busy! Have a great little celebration with your family! ~any quilt shops in the Cayman's? ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 20 years! Wonderful :o)

It is so funny.... my kids are all 15 months apart too! They are ages 20, 19, and 18 right now... and those little kid days DEFINITELY were chaos!! You got that right :o) We got married in 1986 :o)

Cheryl said...

A really big congratulations. Yipee for chaos. I can only imagine all the wonderful times. Our next grandbaby will be 15 months behind his brother..we are ready for some fun!!

Micki said...

Congrats on your 20th! Have a wonderful time celebrating!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Congratulations QGB!!! I hope you are having a wonderful time. Barb

Crispy said...

Congradulations!!! Ya know, Pepe was the romantic...the kitty, not so much, isn't is wonderful that we decide to hang on to our own personal stinkers? ROFL.

Crispy

Karen said...

Twenty years! Congratulations!

Myra said...

Happy Anniversary to you and hubby K!!!
You've go me beat with the kids. we had #1, then #2 in 17 months, they #3 in 15 months... 3 under 3... Yup! It was physically busy when they were small, but when we got to their teens it was mentally taxing... Would have gone back to diaper days if I could then! lol...
Now they are all adults and out of the house... The big 25 for us in September...
Hope you are having a wonderful family trip!
8-)

Bec said...

I hope you all enjoy your holiday!
Gosh, you were like me! I had three just as close! Then 2.5 yrs and two more close, talk about chaos! Would love any tips if you can think of any!
It is worth the effort though, to have the children growing up together through good and bad times.
Enjoy!

Gina said...

Congratulations to you and hubby.

love and hugs Gina xxx

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats. 20 years thats awesome. Hubby and I will celebrate our 20th in Dec. 89 was a great year.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Hope you had a wonderful 20 Anniversary. Wow 20 year. Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails