Friday, June 19, 2009

Cat Update

I wasn't able to go to our weekly Wed night quilting get-together this week because our family was celebrating my youngest teen's 16th birthday. I have good news though, remember last week when I posted about the teal cat quilts for my friend J's friend whose house was entirely destroyed by fire? I you don't know what I'm talking about read my post here. Anyway J was at the quilting get-together on Wed and look at what she brought with her:

The lap-sized Cat Quilt and...


The queen sized Cat Quilt.

I think they turned out awesome! J does have to quilt them first before she gives them to her friend. J's friend will be so thrilled to get such wonderful gifts. Thanks to Myra for sending me copies of the pics. Until next time...

8 comments:

Gina said...

They are great

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Pat said...

They both turned out lovely and I'm sure this gal will be very appreciative!

Joyce said...

I'm sure her friend will treasure these thoughtful gifts. So sad to lose everything in a fire... I can only imagine how it must feel.

Rachel said...

Oh those quilts are gorgeous! Wow! I hope you post pics when they are quilted.

Love the new look to your blog. Very nice ☺

Karen said...

What a good thing to make for a friend in need! Love the colors.

Brenda said...

I think that having a quilt and a throw is such a wounderful idea for this person, considering she lost it all in a fire - if you have not had your stuff touched by fire, it's hard to beieve how the smoke gets into and onto everything... my high school had a fire, and my stuff didn't get burned, but the smoke from it was unreal. And all my stuff affected was in my locker.... So, this is a great gift. Love that there is two things to keep her warm and let her know that she matters.

Micki said...

The quilts are wonderful! I am sure that they will be treasured!
Micki

Unknown said...

What great quilts , love the colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails