The recipient of these 2 quilts loves cats and the colour teal so that's why it's predominantly teals and blues. Here's the lap quilt before adding the 2 borders....
Here's the queen sized bed quilt almost finished at 9 pm at the end of our evening, just needs the piano key outer border on the top and bottom added....
At the beginning of the evening none of the cat blocks were sewn together although they were already divided into rows and the rectangles in the piano key border were only cut and not organzied into rows to sew. Binding for both was also cut and sewn as well as the backings and batting. So when you take that all into account I think we did really well. J went home very pleased with the progress we made. I should also mention that we all volunteered to make the cat blocks and also cut rectangles for the piano key borders. It was a lot of fun! Until next time...
16 comments:
What great quilts! I love the colors! :-) What a wonderful group of friends you have.
Yes, I think your group did well. And a very worthy project. I like the piano key border. The teal color is oh so pretty!
How wonderful! Especially that everyone helped get them done! Great job!
What a great quilt
love and hugs Gina xxx
What a cute quilt!!! So many adorable kitties!!!
You gals have done a wonderful job and it is so heartwarming to see how you have all rallied around to make such a nice surprise gift (two as it turns out) for this lady. I can't wait to hear about her reaction when the quilts are presented to her!
Well. One, I love that you are doing these quilts for this friend and that it just shows what can happen when we all work together on something!! These look beautiful!!!
Give yourselves a hug pat on the back for such a great project coming together so nicely!!! It looks great!! I wasn't so sure about the cat blks when I first saw them, but it looks really great!! A throw and a queen quilt.... are you making pillow cases too??? ;-)
Looks great!!
Wow you guys were really zippin' along on the quilt. There must have been smoke coming out of your sewing machines.
What a great idea and super generous of everyone to help a friend in need! I love the cats and really love the teal!!! Have a great day, keep up the great work!
What a great gift from a group of wonderfully generous ladies. I'm sure it will bring comfort and joy.
Awesome progress/job you gals did K! 8-)
Too bad I ended up not getting there to help... I had full intentions of getting there... 8-(
What nice people you are. What a nice thought. Definitely a gift of love - the cats are gorgeous.
tich
what a great quilt. I love the colors.
You all did such a wonderful job on the quilt. Great job!
Micki
So cute!
I love this pattern, and yours are especially pretty. Someday...
Post a Comment