Friday, November 6, 2009

Even More Retreat Pics

Here's the last installment of the pics from the quilt retreat last weekend.
First up is a knitting bag that Y made. It's expandable. Don't you love the sheep fabric she used?
Y also finished up this Turkey quilt. I just love how it turned out.

Next up is what I worked on during the retreat...I finished up the 3 inch (finished size) nine patches for the Half Pint Quilt Along and then completed the main part of the quilt.
Next come the borders.
I also finished my October Schnibble project on October 31st. The pattern is called 'Cindy Lou Who' and the fabrics are Moda's William Morris Collection by Barbara Brackman.I then started to play with S'mores fabric, that was fun.
The fabric is so bright and cheery :^)I also started on block 5 from the Designer Mystery BOM (from FQS)
One of the quilters, J, made this pumpkin sign to put on her sewing machine. I think we all felt like that at one time or another during the retreat. I thought you'd all like to see it, LOL!

And like the last retreat, my ever faithful mascots the Bananas in Pyjamas came along for the weekend. Here they are beside my sewing machine and in front of them is a basket full of caramels for everyone.They were good sports even when they were mysteriously decorated on Halloween and I wasn't in the workroom to rescue them. The person who did it has still not confessed to the crime, I don't know who did it? Will we ever find out? Until next time...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

CUte! You gals are some talented ladies!

Searchfamilies said...

All the photos are great thanks for sharing
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric choice in your Schnibble!!! Also..that turkey is just too funny; I was cracked up first thing today! Thanks for sharing as always!

Dee said...

This is just too much fun...from the quilts to the poor turkey to the pumpkin head banger! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you!

Michelle said...

That Turkey quilt is too funny - love it! And I'm glad to see what you've done on your Half Pint - looking good!

Crispy said...

More great projects!! Loved the turkey and your mini 9 patches. I hope you had tissues handy to get those boogies out of the boy's noses. What a sneeze that must have been LOL.

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Great retreat by the look of the pictures! And a very productive one too :) That turkey IS funny and what a great idea to use sheep fabric for a knittingbag!
You yourself did some nice sewing too I must say!!

Myra said...

The finale to it all... 8-)
We all worked on some awesome projects didn't we!!! 8-)

Love that Cindy Lou Who... and it was indeed completed on the 31st!!!

As for you bananas... I don't recall who gummied them?

annieb said...

Love your Scnibbles, and the fabric you used. Looks great.

Allie said...

I love that knitting bag - the sheep are perfect for it! Your HPQA looks great, and your Schnibble is awesome, good job! Too funny about the Bananas......

Gina said...

Love the show and tell. That sheep fabric is fabulous

LOve and hugs Gina xxx

Vals Quilting said...

I love the "Stuff Who" bird quilt it is just too perfect for ThanksGiving and Christmas...
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails