Thursday, November 5, 2009

More Retreat Pics

Here's some more retreat pics from last weekend...
D finished up this disappearing Nine Patch in Christmas fabricsand then finished off this flannel quilt topHere is Y's Disappearing Nine Patch that she finished the binding
E was very busy finishing off this Bargello quilt top. There's 14 different purple fabrics in it!

P brought some finished scrappy quilts using a technique she learned years ago where you take your scraps of fabric and sew them onto strips, cut them apart and then sew that to more strips etc until you get a piece wide enough to square up with a 6.5 inch ruler. Make several blocks that way and add some sashing and a border and you've got a great looking quilt.This is one she made using up Christmas fabric scrapsThis second one was made up of beiges, tans and off whitesThis quilt was made up of reds, oranges and yellows. They all look so different. It all depends on the colours you choose! P was working on more of these kind of quilts. I think she's addicted to making them, LOL!

Myra was working on this quilt top made with some charm packs she brought with her...
Hope you enjoyed these retreat pics. More pics to come!
Until next time...

8 comments:

Dee said...

What a fun way to spend time! All the quilts are beautiful, but I think I like Myra's the best! Just something about it!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Myra said...

When you gonna show us what you worked on QGB? 8-)

Rachel said...

Very nice! There were obviously some quite productive quilters at the retreat. Me, I'd spend half my time yapping with others, I'm sure.

Lise said...

wow, wow, wow, love them all..you ladies were really busy... can't wait to see more...this must have been a fun retreat...happy stitching....

Allie said...

I love them all! But especially the tree quilt. So pretty!

Rae Ann said...

Looks like a fun retreat! I love seeing all of the gorgeous quilts.

Crispy said...

Great Quilts. I think I like the tan version the best :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

So beautiful ! There must be some very pleased ladies after that retreat !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails