Friday, February 20, 2009

Show and Tell plus an Award

Here are some Show and Tell pics from our quilting get-together on Wed night.

First up is 'P's (no blog) rendition ofBonnie Hunter's New Year's Day Mystery Quilt called Double Delight, visit her blog here. I'm sure almost everyone is familiar with her site Quiltville. I just love the border fabric 'P'!

Next up is a quilt top that 'A' has made using stack and whack method. 'A's a very enthusiatic new quilter although she is a very talented seamstress. Her grandchildren get all kinds of things made/sewn by her, lucky kids! Here is a nice Spring tulip quilt top made by 'S'. Lucky 'S', her DH cuts all the fabric for her so she can right to sewing her quilt tops! There's a lot of little squares in this quilt top, take a look!Pop over to Myra's blog here to see pics of our show and tell. Her photography skills are better than mine! As always you can click on each of my pics for a closer look.

Lastly I've been given the Lemonade award from a new blogger called Scrappy Quilter. Visit her blog here. I give this award to all my followers and regular readers of my blog who show great attitude and great gratitude. Thanks Scrappy Quilter!
The countdown is officially on for the quilt retreat which starts one week from today! Yippee! I'm looking forward to it so much; 48 hours to sew and socialize with my quilty friends and all my meals prepared for me, aaaaah, can't wait! Hope you get some quilting done this weekend!
Until next time ...

8 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Awesome quilts. A quilting retreat, how awesome. One of these days I'll make a quilting retreat. I've been to 2 scrapbooking conventions and they are a ball. I imagine quilting retreats would be the same way.

Myra said...

You do fine with your photos girlie!!

P's quilt is great hey! Love it!

Yup! One week till the retreat! 8-)

bingo~bonnie said...

Oh WOW, I love that Double Delight!!! I wonder if she waited to see the finished top first before starting. Here black in there really does make it unique :) from the others I've seen.

and sepaking of seeing things - GUESS WHO I THOUGHT OF when I saw this!!!! YOU! :) YOu will love them. http://susan-sweethomeanawhata.blogspot.com/ They look jus tlike your profile pic!

Happy Weekend and Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the show and tell! Have a fabulous retreat!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing the pictures Katherine.You get a different perspective seeing a picture as opposed to seeing them for real.
I did do the Double Delight as a mystery,it's just that my color choices were based on a fabric I wanted to use as a border.Unlike Bonnie I didn't have a stash of shirtings to use as the background so used black which is a favorite of mine.
Pg

Micki said...

I love the quilts and enjoyed yoru post so much!
Micki

Cathy said...

Your Quilting Retreat sounds terrific...no cooking!! Thanks for sharing your groups quilts...beautiful work!! CAthyx

Comfort Cove Designs said...

ooh I would love to go to a quilting retreat. I hear so many people going on them and having a fabulous time. Sniff sniff....

Have a wonderful time!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails