Thursday, February 26, 2009

Left Handed Food and More

Thanks to all of you who commented about the new man in my life, Tristan. If you don't know what on earth I'm talking about check out this post here. I did 20 minutes yesterday and today I did 30 minutes; Yay Me!

I promised my friend V that I'd post a recipe for her that she sampled at a potluck we were at recently. The recipe can be found here at this blog. It's called Baked Pasta with Chicken Sausage. I did make a couple of changes to the recipe though. I used beef/pork sausage that I cooked up ahead of time instead of chicken or turkey sausage. One other time I used ground chicken that I browned up ahead of time. I also used a can of diced tomatoes. I did double the spinach like the recipe suggested and I also used more mozzerella cheese. I love cheese :^)

For the past couple of weeks my right elbow has been bothering me (I might have tennis elbow even though I've never played tennis in my life except for playing it on the Wii). If my arm is straight out ahead of me and I move my wrist up and down or do an action like opening the fridge or the front door of my house it hurts a lot! So today I consciously decided to rest my right arm and use my left arm. Interesting using my left hand only to type this post (I am right-handed), it's working out alright except it's taking a lot longer to type. But using the mouse left-handed? Very challenging indeed! I dare all the right-handed people out there to try typing on the computer and using the mouse with your non-dominant (left) hand. And of course for the lefties to use your right hand.

If you try the recipe and/or using your non-dominant hand experiment I'd love to hear how you made out. Of course I have to include a pic (what's a post without one, right?) so here's one of another NPNT blocks that I've finished this weekOff to make sure I have everything I need for the quilt retreat starting tomorrow afternoon. One more sleep to go...Until next time...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am left handed and I cannot use a mouse with my left hand. It's just too hard. I also deliver mail and I tried to put the mail in a mail slot with my left hand and couldn't do that either. I am very ambidextrious where as my sister who is also left handed only thinks like a leftie.

em's scrapbag said...

Good for you spending so much time with Tristen. May you come to have a long and loving relationship. I have done keyboarding and used the mouse with my left hand. I am not very proficient at it.

Myra said...

LOL! Don't have time for your challenge today... maybe after... maybe at, the retreat! 8-)
Did you have a Feb finish? Mines done! 8-)
See you tomorrow!

Kate said...

I'm right-handed, but I do a lot of things with my left hand; if you toss a ball to me I catch with the left. But then, the work I do is two-handed, so the left gets a pretty good work out.

Hope your elbow heals up asap :-)

Micki said...

I am right handed, but I don't think that I could get used to using my left hand.
Tristan will be such fun!
Micki

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

QGB...30 mins with your new man that is very good, congratulations...are you doing any incline yet.??
NPNT stichery looks great...

Pat said...

I hear you about the arm....I'm also right-handed and my carpal tunnel "issues" are in the right hand...NOT fun (or easy). I hope your arm is better soon. Also, my leftie husband doesn't use a mouse with his left hand. Does anyone use the left hand wiht the mouse REGULARLY??? I can't recall seeing anyone do that. Tell Tristan we all said "HELLO". LOL (Are you spending the weekend with him and just telling us your arm is bothering you, so you can get away without us being suspicious?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails