No I haven't been sewing like my friend here Ms Alligator
but
I wanted to show you something very special,
extremely special to me.
My cousin R delivered something to my house today.
It's currently sitting in my new garage.
I took some pics of it.
Wanna see?
It's my paternal grandmother's Singer Treadle Sewing Machine!
Grandma died back in 1982 and Singer went to live at my Aunt's house. The time has come for Singer to come live at my house. I'm so thrilled! I have fond memories of the machine sitting in a small sitting room near the kitchen at my Grandma's house and being totally fascinated with it.
Here's a shot of in the inside of the cabinet showing the sewing machine. I don't know how old the machine is but I do know I'll be able to find out when I find the serial number on it and then I can find the info online. If memory serves me right my grandparents got married in 1911 so I'll guess that the machine is from either the 1910's or 1920's. Until next time...

17 comments:
How wonderful to have that! I'm sure you will love sewing on it and thinking of your grandmother while you do.
How wonderful is that - oh my goodness it's fabulous! I want to see you make something with it!
The machine is beautiful!! I still miss the old treadle I used to have. How fortunate for you. Thanks Joanne @ Lavenderfieldsetc
What a wonderful looking machine...lucky you QGB...
It's beautiful! What a treasure! Lots and lots of memories there...if it could only talk.
Wow! I love antiques and I love sewing-this is the perfect way to remember your grandma! How awesome for you!
Oh lucky you!! It's a beauty!! That what I learned to sew on!!
Oooo how wonderful!!! The cabinet is beautiful!!
Crispy
How great to have something like that belonged to your grandmother plus comes with load of memories. The cabinet itself is beautiful.
Awesome Katherine! Lucky you! It will look great once you get it all cleaned up!!! 8-)
What a wonderful treasure!
Hi! Found your blog from your stash quilt tutorial. Thanks for the lesson! Pretty quilt. I've been looking for a good quilt pattern for scraps, yet not one that will take forever to complete. I will look in my stash and probably make this a winter project. What a beautiful treasure from your Grandma. Great memories. I have one from a good friend of my Grandmother's. It came home to her house on a buckboard!
~~Lori
How wonderful. My FIL has his mother's treadle machine in his attic. He's made special mention that I must have it in his will. I could have it now but I've no room for it unfortunately.
Love and hugs Gina xxx
How precious is that.
That is a real treasure for you!
Micki
what a wonderful keepsake....
Lucky you! The cabinet looks in perfect condition. I am sure that it will sew perfectly too with a little TLC and some oil.
Post a Comment