I've been feeling like this ostrich here, you know, just before he puts his head in the sand.
My quilting mojo has been gone for the past 2 months. It did make a brief appearance at the quilt retreat a couple of weeks ago, but then how could I not be inspired with my quilting friends all around me?
My poor blog has been neglected and I know I owe some people some emails. I've been lurking a lot reading blogs but seldom commenting. So if you're reading this, thank you readers for tuning in even when I don't have much to say. And thanks for the comments and emails too. I love reading them. Until next time...

24 comments:
I know exactly how you feel... I think a lot of quilt bloggers are going through a similar thing right now...
I throughly understand how busy one can get.
Micki
I've been thinking about you! I've lost my quilting mojo due to t-ball but now I feel it coming back. LOL!
Hope you get your mojo back!!
This too shall pass! Don't fight it just enjoy every day and do what makes you smile. :-)
Here's to hoping you get through this and back to creating soon. Sometimes it's a good thing to lose your mojo. It makes you see everything in a different light, even though you don't realize it yet. Maybe it's just your creativity gene resetting itself and looking for something new and exciting!
I think it happens to us all periodically. You'll find a project that excites you, and you'll be off and running!
Yup...we all have that happen from time to time.
Hmmmm... maybe I caught it from you?? I've been going through a similar time of having no quilting mojo. Hopefully, we can both find ours soon!
We all lose our mojo now and then - quilting and blogging. Sometimes life just gets busy or we suffer from what I think of as "the sighs" (you know, everything just makes you want to sigh; nothing seems interesting).
I'm glad you're back, though! I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.
Seems like a world-wide pandemic at the moment! I'm doing a lot of piecing, but cant be bothered actually quilting anything, and thats despite the fact we are headed into winter and the weather is terrible, and perfect for quilts.
Youll get your mojo back when the right project pops up :-)
I am a lurker in Ontario, Canada (that has been quilting since 1999), but today I am leaving a comment!
I do not have a blog, but follow many. Is it my imagination, or is the "business" of quilting overwhelming all of us these days? So many new fabrics, patterns, gizmos, shows, ideas, etc. I feel the pressure to keep up and make more quilts FAST. I don't even know which project to work on first, because I have so many. I feel like we need to "take 2 giant steps backwards" and get back to savouring our quilting time. So, I don't see you as having lost your mojo, I see you achieving more balance in your days.
LOL - love that pic - hey, it happens, quilt mojo comes and goes. Just enjoy your break and get out into some summer weather!
still reading, still enjoying all that you share!
This will pass just the same way it came...ENJOY whatever you find yourself doing!
With spring in the air and summer right around the corner, it is very easy to lose quilting mojo. Enjoy your break and come back and let us know what you are up to. :-) Loved the ostrich! :-))
i think we all have a break now and then - and come back refreshed and hopefully with mojo restored!!
xx
we all go thru it...you will get your blogger on again and your quilting! come say hi when you do....Melinda
In the past year I've learned maintaining a blog while keeping up with all the blogs I regularly follow is hard work. There's nothing wrong with taking a break. I'm looking forward to your return... When you're ready, of course.
Wow! Me too!
Seems like a common complaint at the moment ... whoever finds a cure, please pass it on.
Don't worry, it happens to all of us it seems. Take a break and come back fresh when you feel like it. We won't go anywhere.
It seems it happens to all of us. Don't worry, come back when you are ready, we will still be here. xx
Just stopping in to say hello :) Don't feel like you have to write back - just wanted to say hi.
Oh, I love that picture - tooo cute! I've been bugging a few people to send me some cyber mojo - but no luck! If I get any, though, I'm going to send some your way!!!
Post a Comment