Monday, April 26, 2010

Chicago Part 2

After making a few purchases at the IQF show on Thursday night (and that Chocolate Martini, yum!) we were ready bright and early on Friday to take advantage of the show.  Here's a pic of the convention centre and the hard working police directing traffic.  It was an extrememly busy 4 lane road with no traffic lights or pedestrian crosswalk to enable you to cross the road.  The police did a fabulous job!

 There was some power shopping going on, not only by me but all my friends too.  I also had a Quilt Celebrity sighting, book signing going on at a booth and look who was there...
none only but Kaffe Fassett!  It was hard to get a good pic of him from being jostled around by all the people walking around the aisles.  They were jam-packed! 

We had to leave the convention centre by 3:45 pm or so because we had a hot date with our tour bus and our driver Richard.  At 4:30 pm we boarded the bus and headed toward downtown Chicago.  Our driver is quite familiar with the city and gave us a 2 hour tour of the downtown area.  I was so impressed by all the different styles of architecture.  Once the tour was over we headed to our evening destination:
Tommy Gun's Garage, a 1920's dinner theatre.  The company was great, as well as the show and the food.  A great way to spend the evening.  If you're in Chicago, try to go, it's a  fun time!

Saturday morning we had time to return to the convention centre for about an hour before getting ready to check out of the hotel and board the bus.  We left at noon, driving west back toward Hudson WI to spend overnight.  We stayed at the same hotel like we did on the way down to Chicago.  I was even in the same room, LOL!  Up bright and early and on the freeway by 7:30 am on Sunday.  We had a 500 mile drive ahead of us, so 2 rest stops and a stop for lunch in Fargo ND before heading to the US/Canada border and then home.  Watching the husbands and other family members watch the bus being unloaded of all our purchases was hysterical to watch from inside the bus.  The expressions on their faces was priceless!!!
  I was home sweet home just after 6 pm and my hubby just brought home Chinese take out for supper.  Early to bed for me, asleep by 9 pm and I slept until noon the next morning!  I kid you not my dear readers...Next blog post will be pics of some of the quilts that I saw on display in Chicago.   Until next time...

6 comments:

Gina said...

What a busy time. I can't wait for the photos

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Great post. I just got back from Paducah. Can't wait to see more Chicago stuff.

Pat

annieb said...

What a fun weekend! You must feel very inspired now, especially after your sleep in!

Dena said...

Sounds as though it was a busy, but fun time. Can't wait to hear more...

Allie said...

9pm to noon, wow you must have needed it! Sounds like a heavenly trip, but over too fast!

Dee said...

Oh, to only have more time for shopping, sewing and fellowshipping with other quilters!

Sounds like a heavenly time was had by all! I so appreciate the pictures and everyone is seeing KF but me! Wah! LOL

Can't wait for the next installment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails