Monday, January 11, 2010

A Win!

I gasped out loud when I read the exciting news!
My friend P (from my Wed night quilt group) and her SIL C entered a quilt into a competiton and it won!
These 2 talented ladies collaborated on a quilt for the
Manitoba Homecoming 2010 Quilt Competition
and they won!  To add to the excitement of winning, the winning quilt will be on display at
the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver BC, at Manitoba House
OMG!  Think of how many people will see this beautiful quilt.


The quilt was inspired by the farms the 2 women grew up on in rural Manitoba.
For example the barn is taken from P's farm where she grew up and the house is from C's farm.
Other elements were also inspired by their childhood homes.
The quilt measures 74 x 94 inches.
C, the SIL of my friend P, now lives in BC.  P went out to visit her last year in June and the 2 of them worked very hard to create this quilt. Working all day long for a few weeks.  After all, P couldn't spend the entire summer out in BC. So in a limited time frame they did what P always tells us about our projects:
"Get It Done".
Please click on the pic for a closer look, you won't be sorry!  
Until next time...

17 comments:

Pat said...

What a wonderful quilt and how THRILLING for them to have it win AND be displayed during the Olympics. Please tell them I said "congratulations" on both of those accomplishments!!!

trash said...

That is a gorgeous quilt. Huge congratulations to those talented women.

Gina said...

How amazing. I love the quilt.

Please tell them congratulations from me

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! Congrat's to your friends~ it is beautiful! :-)

Myra said...

How awesome hey!?! 8-)

Our RRR is soon to be under way... Let the fun begin! 8-)

Mary-Kay said...

You are the second person to post about this quilt. But every time I see it I still think it's beautiful! So much work! What a honour for those two.

Margaret said...

tHe wow factor went off the scale with that quilt, what an honour thanks for sharing. by the way your weather girls says -11 and we had 44c yesterday , today only 39c

em's scrapbag said...

That is so exciting. They did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing how they came up with it. I love to hear how quilts come to life.

annieb said...

Isn't that just the most beautiful quilt? I love the sunflowers!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

WOW!!! Thanks so much for sharing - it's a wonderful quilt! Congrats to your friends!

Allie said...

WOW - congrats to them - that quilt is AMAZING!!!!!!!

Dee said...

Congratulations! This is a truly memorable and beautiful quilt! I'm inspired and awed!

LeKaQuilt said...

Please, tell them congratulate from me, too !
It's truly an gorgeous quilt.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous quilt , no surprise it won !

Micki said...

It's truly a work of art! Thanks for sharing!
Micki

Pam said...

It is a beautiful quilt!! I will have to try to go see it at the Manitoba House.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Absolutly stunning!!!!!!!!!!! One of these days I would like to learn how to do this!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails