Friday, January 22, 2010

Spark!

I feel I must tell you why I haven't been quilting a lot lately and why I'm not posting as often.

Some of you may remember when a new man entered my life, you can read the post here, almost a year ago.  I've been spending a lot of time with Tristan, a lot since the beginning of December.  Part of the reason I've stuck with him this long is because of an awesome website I''ve found. More on that later.

So,  you want to see a pic of Tristan because you were too stubborn to read the post from last February that I linked up for you?  You really should read it, it's quite funny. I think so anyway, LOL

Alright.
I'll share.
My mum taught me how to do that.

Meet Tristan. Isn't he sexy?  He makes me sweaty too, LOL.
I don't have a lot of weight to lose (less than 40 lbs) but I desparately want to be fit and healthy.  Tristan is helping accomplish that.  The website that is also helping me in this feat is called Spark People  The information available is incredible, people are encouraging and it's free.  Check it out if you're interested. If you're not interested that's okay by me.  I just wanted to share with all of you.

 One more thing about sparkpeople, there's a fun contest going on from now until January 31st.
As you may know, I am an active member of the popular healthy-living website, SparkPeople.com.  In an effort to help SparkPeople live out their mission of helping millions of people reach their goals and live healthier lives, I have joined a contest they're holding called "The Spark Free Chapter Challenge."  If you have one minute to spare, I could use your help, because I REALLY want to win!

So here's the deal with the challenge…

Chris Downie, SparkPeople's CEO and founder, recently published a book called "The Spark" that offers a proven new approach to improving your health, transforming your life and reaching your goals (for example, real people have lost over 10 million pounds using their free online program)!

People like me who are helping them "Spread The Spark" through The Spark Free Chapter Challenge are encouraging our friends and family to download a FREE chapter of "The Spark" book.  And for every person I can encourage to download the chapter, I will get an additional chance to win a $500 weekend getaway and other prizes, as well as something they offer called "SparkPoints," which also help motivate me to reach my goals.

All you have to do to help is download a free chapter from The Spark book. Nothing else.  To do so, simply go to http://book.sparkpeople.com/book.asp?u=LOVETOSNORKEL  and click the button to download your free chapter.

If you would be willing to help me with this, I would truly appreciate it, and I also think you will enjoy reading this free chapter from
"The Spark".  I know I did!

Thank you for your time.  I really appreciate it.

LOVETOSNORKEL
also known as Quilter Going Bananas by all of you!  LoveToSnorkel is my user name on SparkPeople.  If you want to help me great, if not that's okay. I just thought I'd ask.  No harm in asking, right?

Thanks for reading this long post.  Don't worry my blog won't turn into a super-duper fitness blog.  Once in a while other parts of my life need to be shared. And today was that day.
Happy Quilting!  Until next time...

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you! I went ahead & downloaded my copy. I'm rooting for you!!!!

Brenda said...

I am heading there right now to download my chapter!!!
I knew nothing about this site!!!! Now, I can go and do some learing. I have a fitness goal too, and I want to fit into a pair of pants - uh, no, I am finding a certain pair of pants a little uncomfortable right now, so my goal is to fit them comfortably by the end of March. I am so looking forward to this!! and you have helped me by showing me a new site, so I am going to go get my 'free' reading material!!
What do friends do, but help each other!!??! Thank-You!!! And I love Tristan!! Glad he makes you hot and sweaty. Bet he gets your heart racing too!!!! ;-) That is what a good man is supposed to do!

Joyce said...

I just downloaded the chapter. I hope you win! Can I come too??? Lol.

Lise said...

wow. that is so cool...I've been a member for 3 years, when we moved because the service provider for my internet is different, I could get back on... was lost in lala land..had to re register as different name....I had heard about it on Canada Am... and love the recipes and tips and reading and the whole shishkaboodle.... I'll go on your thread and download from there....good luck and such a wonderful free site... thanks..

Allie said...

I want Tristan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know where he'd sleep, but I want him.
I've heard of sparkpeople. I'll go download my copy now and help you win!

Beth Karese said...

Tristan seems like a great guy... only wants the best for you! (Cute idea to name him!) I'm familiar with Spark People, it's a great site. Need to get back on that wagon again. I'm looking forward to read the chapter. Best wishes.

Sipiweske Quilts said...

I'm going to head over to the site and have a look around - thanks for the links. I've got some pounds I'd like to lose also. - Marlene

Unknown said...

I walk three miles almost every day on my nameless treadmill....I have been doing it since march and it has made a huge difference in the way I feel....now if I could just sleep at night...right now it is three am....and I am wide awake.......

tich said...

I am going to download, glug, glug!
tich

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails