Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valentine Sewing Party

Here's the plan for today for the

Take several Charm Packs of Moda's Candy Kisses by Sandy Gervais

Sew them up into 9 patches.
Next cut each 9 patch into half and then half again.
Now I've got a lot of Disappearing 9 Patch blocks.

Update Sunday morning

I got the quilt laid out on the design wall and began sewing the rows together. It was a frustrating day for me as I kept getting interrupted! Ugh! So I didn't get as much done as I would've liked.  That's okay.  It'll get done, maybe even today.  I also didn't get to visit everyone but will do so today, for sure!
 
In case you're wondering what snacks I rely on for sustenance I turn to 

 and I didn't watch any movies because the TV isn't nearby but my iPod kept me company.
Thanks to Kelly for organizing this fun party!  Until next time...

38 comments:

joan said...

Welcome to the party! It's going to be a great sewing day. Enjoy♥♥♥

Dee said...

oooohhh...what is it?

Karen said...

Party Hearty!

Brenda said...

I will be working, so I hope you will sew a stich or two for me!! This is going to be fun for all who join in!! May your day be full of chocolate and hearts and just filled with lovin' feelings!!!

SewCalGal said...

Can't wait to see what you work on at the Valentine Sewing Party today!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Party on! I need a snack...LOL!

Mary Anne Drury said...

Happy Valentine Sewing Day !!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I just love the fabric you picked --you have great taste Katherine! Can't wait to see more!

CJ said...

I can't wait to see it! I have yet to do a disappearing 9 patch and I want to!!!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hmmm...what is it?

Jonathan said...

I can't wait to see it all finished!

Anonymous said...

Lovely choices! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Polly said...

OK! So let's see it!! And come see mine! Polly :-) http://auntpollysporch.blogspot.com/2010/01/voila-madeline-is-done.html

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

How is it going---I may have been on a wrong page--but did not see any updates--maybe you are still chained to the machine--just stitching away!!!
Hugs, Di&co

Cindy said...

I've heard about those disappearing 9 patch. Can't wait to see yours.

Moneik said...

Love the charm pack and can't wait to see what comes of it.

Kim said...

I'll have to check back to see what you did.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

love the fabric. Cant wait for your show n tell

Gina said...

Love the fabrics you are going to use

Love and hugs Gina xxx

northernknitter said...

Hope you made good progress yesterday - sorry to miss it!

Myra said...

What? Now Saturday Sampler? 8-(

Looks like fun K! 8-)

Off to Mom's again...

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Katherine -- I love it. What pattern did you use! What a great quilt that will be to snuggle on Valentine's Day! Thanks so much for coming to the party, Katherine. We were so glad to have you!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Very cute...and similar to mine. I still quite a bit to do! I will check back later to see how you are coming along.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

It looks great! I think I used the same fabrics!~ great taste! LOL :-))

Nat Palaskas said...

Love your Valentine's quilt and like you blog name too! Hugs Nat

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love a disappearing 9 patch, especially one with fabrics as cute as these.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love it! The disappearing 9 patch is so perfect for a collection on holiday fabrics.

Wonky Phyl said...

Good job QGB , I'd love to make one just like it.

Béa said...

Beautiful, I love your fabrics, disappearing 9 patch is always successfull. Hope you can finish it soon !

Unknown said...

I love this quilt.....what an accomplishment...Your snacks look pretty good too....I have a tv up in my sewing room, but I usually do the ipod too, just cause I get sucked into a movie and then the sewing goes down the tube....the a.d.d thing I guess!

Stefanie said...

That quilt is going to be perfect for Valentine's Day!

I love your basic food group- chips and soda! My favorite quilting food!

I didn't watch many movies either, just jammin' to the iTunes.

I had a great time at the party and thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

Looks like fun. Love your choice of fabrics. I would love to do a disappearing nine-patch someday.

alice said...

Can't wait to see more updates. It is looking very cute. And I had fun and time this morning so I went back and read about Tristan. Well done. Keep up all the good work.

kimland said...

Super cute and ohh so fun! Will be anxious to see it when complete. Snacks...yum!

Bec said...

Love your Candy Kisses quilt!

Kim said...

I sure do like the disappearing nine patch quilt - LUV-ly! :-D

Myra said...

You put an update! 8-)
What a great Valentine quilt that will be K! How many charm packs are in there?

Anonymous said...

Hi QGB! I love the valentine quilt!!! That is really beautiful. I always say I am going to make one...two days before the holiday, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails