Here's a peek at some of the sewing I got done today...
The block on the left is the 7th block from Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Mystery BOM. The block on the right is the exact same block using bright colours. This is my block that will go into a quilt we're making for a very dear friend who is seriously ill and who attends our Wednesday night quilt get-togethers. We miss her a lot! If you want a closer look click on the pic. I love the cheery floral print and the pink!
Thanks to all of you who responded positively about the Spark People website and the contest in my post from Friday January 22, 2010. I've decided to post the info again for the readers who may have missed it the first time.
As you may know, I am an active member of the popular healthy-living website, SparkPeople.com. In an effort to help SparkPeople live out their mission of helping millions of people reach their goals and live healthier lives, I have joined a contest they're holding called "The Spark Free Chapter Challenge." If you have one minute to spare, I could use your help, because I REALLY want to win!
So here's the deal with the challenge…
Chris Downie, SparkPeople's CEO and founder, recently published a book called "The Spark" that offers a proven new approach to improving your health, transforming your life and reaching your goals (for example, real people have lost over 10 million pounds using their free online program)!
People like me who are helping them "Spread The Spark" through The Spark Free Chapter Challenge are encouraging our friends and family to download a FREE chapter of "The Spark" book. And for every person I can encourage to download the chapter, I will get an additional chance to win a $500 weekend getaway and other prizes, as well as something they offer called "SparkPoints," which also help motivate me to reach my goals.
All you have to do to help is download a free chapter from The Spark book. Nothing else. To do so, simply go to http://book.sparkpeople.com/book.asp?u=LOVETOSNORKEL and click the button to download your free chapter.
If you would be willing to help me with this, I would truly appreciate it, and I also think you will enjoy reading this free chapter from "The Spark". I know I did!
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.
LOVETOSNORKEL
So here's the deal with the challenge…
Chris Downie, SparkPeople's CEO and founder, recently published a book called "The Spark" that offers a proven new approach to improving your health, transforming your life and reaching your goals (for example, real people have lost over 10 million pounds using their free online program)!
People like me who are helping them "Spread The Spark" through The Spark Free Chapter Challenge are encouraging our friends and family to download a FREE chapter of "The Spark" book. And for every person I can encourage to download the chapter, I will get an additional chance to win a $500 weekend getaway and other prizes, as well as something they offer called "SparkPoints," which also help motivate me to reach my goals.
All you have to do to help is download a free chapter from The Spark book. Nothing else. To do so, simply go to http://book.sparkpeople.com/book.asp?u=LOVETOSNORKEL and click the button to download your free chapter.
If you would be willing to help me with this, I would truly appreciate it, and I also think you will enjoy reading this free chapter from "The Spark". I know I did!
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.
LOVETOSNORKEL
also known as Quilter Going Bananas by all of you! LoveToSnorkel is my user name on Spark People. If you want to help out great, if not that's okay. I just thought I'd ask. No harm in asking, right? The contest runs until January 31st. Until next time...
11 comments:
the blocks are awesome and aren't you a sweetie for doing this for a friend in her time of need!
blessings!
The blocks look great K! I hope we have enough blocks this coming Wednesday... 8-)
love your BOM... and love SP... lol...best of luck ... happy stitching...
The blocks are very pretty - I love it in the cheerful colors, and I know your friend will too!
I love both blocks Katherine, it's amazing how different they look, just based on fabric choices.
Crispy
both colors are wonderful! Can't wait to see the finished project.
Very pretty! I can't wait to see both quilts done.
Beautiful blocks
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Oh, those are just stunning!
Hey Congrats on your new group! I wish you all the best with it - I hope I wasn't too late -- it's the 31st and 8 pm CST!
Me again -- I was so concerned about the downloading, I forgot to mention how pretty your blocks are -- great job, Katherine! I'm sure that block will brighten your friend's day!
Post a Comment