Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What I've Been Doing

For the past several days this is what I've been doing;
ironing fabric, cutting fabric,
assembling sashing units and assembling rows of blocks.The quilt? is the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM #1.
I'm on a mission to get this top completed.
The next 10 days or so will be crazy busy with various family members visiting from out of town so I wanted to get a good start in assembling it when I get back to it 2 weekends from now.
After all it's my goal to finish it in August
for the Charming Girls' Quilt Club.
Until next time...

16 comments:

Pat said...

I hear ya.....with grandkids coming starting tomorrow night and being here through Aug. 23...as well as their parents both weekends, I know my sewing time is going to be very limited for the next few weeks. Your project is looking good!

Jilly's Space said...

Sounds like you are one busy girl!
Looking forward to seeing that completed quilt top :o)

Crispy said...

Visitors have the hardest time realizing the withdrawls we have when we can't get any sewing done LOL. Enjoy the time with them!!

Crispy

Wonky Phyl said...

Your sashing is looking very interesting,should look great when it's finished.

Joyce said...

Love the colors you have chosen. It's going to be beautiful.

Michelle said...

It's looking good. Have fun with your family!

Jocelyn said...

I hear ya too gal! We've got company coming this evening to stay a few days. Cleaning, straightening, washing and so on. No sewing or quilting. But there is always next week :-)

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Your color selection are wonderful. It is going to be a beauty. TTFN ~Marydon

Carol said...

Busy, busy girl! Your Designer BOM looks great..you'll be done in no time!

Wendy said...

Cute block and I love the fabrics. Good idea to get ahead of the game, company can really make things come to a screeching halt.

Anne Marie said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt!!! I have all the blocks done but have not started the sashing yet, typical of moi!!! I do know that I am going to have some problems, not all my blocks are 12 1/2 inches -- some are 1/4 smaller than they should be uh oh!!! That's what happens when your eyes get old and you discover you need spectacles LOL!!!!! Now that I can see, I see what a problem I'm going to have.....

Jossie said...

It looks very nice what you are doing. I love the colors. Hope you get time to finish it. I really want to se the finished top.

Myra said...

G0ood for you K! You go girl! 8-)

Allie said...

It looks great - good for you on the head start! You can do it! Enjoy your time with your family!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks great and what a fun goal! :-) I can't wait to see it together either. ;-)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

It's going to be lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt! Happy, happy B-Day to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails