Monday, August 24, 2009

August Finishes

I did it! I got my projects done for the month of August for the Charming Girls' Quilt Club :^)

I finished assembling the quilt top from Fat Quarter Shop's first ever Designer Mystery BOM.I love it! 3 Sisters fabric line Peace on Earth rocks!

For fun I made another fabric basket. It's from the Pink Penguin tutorial but I used 3 inch squares and enlarged the bottom piece too.
The fabrics used were leftovers from a quilt top that I made about a year ago.This finish is for the OPAM challenge put on by Kris and May-Britt.

On the hand stitching front I'm working on Red Delicious blocks as well as Bunny Hill blocks. Nothing to show yet but soon, I promise!
Until next time...

18 comments:

Gina said...

love the quilt. It looked like a great BOM.
I love making those baskets and they are so useful.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Kate said...

Congrats on the big finish!

Jossie said...

A finish....that sounds so good!Congratulations. The top is beautiful. And that little basket is so cute. It is one of the small project that gives so much satisfaction.

LeKaQuilt said...

WOW that is a wounderful quilt top - love this line of fabricks - Moda rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt. Three Sisters are my fav designers.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt. Very pretty and great fabric. The little basket is cut too!

Crispy said...

Congradulations!! I wish I could say I actually finished something but I'm sure having fun starting new stuff LOL. I look forward to seeing your "hand stitching" projects :0)

Crispy

Ruth's Place said...

What a lovely quilt top!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your BOM!~ the colors are great! And your basket is very cute. I'm hoping to get some tops together this week~ better get busy! ;-) Have a great day!

Carol said...

YIPPEE! Great finish!

Michelle said...

I'm trying not to be a hater...I love your quilt! I too love 3 Sisters! Great job!

Pat said...

That quilt top is TERRIFIC!!! What nice blocks and you did a great job with them.

Micki said...

The quilt is so pretty...you did a wonderful job!
Micki

Dena said...

I love your mystery quilt and your basket would make a great gift filled with fabric or notions.

Karen said...

That is a great Designer Mystery BOM. Love the fabric and design.

Wonky Phyl said...

It's wonderful to see your quilt top all put together, really like it.Hopefully we'll be able to see it tomorrow night.

Myra said...

Great finish K! Good for you! Quilt top looks awesome!!! Great bag! 8-)

Dandelion Quilts said...

Yea, what a great finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails