Thursday, August 20, 2009

Show and Tell

I'm pleased to say I got the second block completed from
Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Mystery BOM #2 today.
It was our Wednesday quilting get-together tonight and there was lots of show and tell!
Remember to click on the pics for a closer look.

One member, P, had lots of show and tell tonight. She's been quilting for 20 years so she always has lots to share.
This stain glass wallhanging was done with hand applique
This quilt was from a one day workshopAnother stained glass applique done by hand of the Manitoba Crocus flowerI love the look of movement in this quiltI love the shaded borders on this quilt. Such pretty flowersThese flowers were made with a techinique called SnippetsLove this Santa!Love love love these snowmen!The middle part of this quilt was painted with acrylic paint. I'd never seen that done beforeThis is a block that B made, using lots of different stitches. Love that idea!Tabletopper that A made, so pretty!V made this fun animal bag. She got the beads on sale for $1.50 per metre!This is a quilt we made based on a sudoku puzzle that will be raffled off (I think) at the place where we have our retreats 2 or 3 times per year.Phew! I thoroughly enjoyed the show and tell second time around. Hope you enjoyed it too.

I also found this fantastic giveaway here. Check it out!
EDIT: And another super duper giveaway at this blog too!
Until next time...

18 comments:

Kate said...

Looking good! That block has a lot of pieces doesnt it!

Joyce said...

A very talented group indeed!

Crispy said...

Oooo love the block!! Your choices of color and fabric really gives this one a great effect!!

Thank you for the morning eye candy. I love to see show 'n tells.

Crispy

Karen said...

You are making progress on your blocks!
I like the snowman quilt! I have a friend who loves snowman stuff. She would enjoy having a quilt like that.

karenshopes said...

Wow so many talented people.
I'm new to blogging so would you like to pop over and say hello.
Karen

Dena said...

I just love seeing what everyone else is doing. I get so much inspiration from the pictures or stories. Thank you for sharing.

Myra said...

Your block looks great!
It was a great night for show and tell hey!!! Pg does awesome work...
That is a cool pincushion/thread catcher in that giveaway... 8-)

Rachel said...

Oh beautiful! I love the Santa and the snowmen. Why why why am I looking at Christmas stuff now? We haven't even had enough summer yet!!!

Your blocks are coming along nicely. You will have a lovely quilt soon.

Thanks for sharing the pictures - such inspiration!

Allie said...

Your block is gorgeous! Love the show and tell. I always make my painted quilts with acrylics - they wash up soft and don't wash out!

Wonky Phyl said...

Good account of our Wednesday night group.Keep on stitching your BOM's, they look great.

Jewel said...

Your BOM block is gorgeous! AS you can tell from my friendship bag I love Glace... gorgeous colors ...

Gina said...

Love the show and tell. What beautiful quilts

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jossie said...

Your block is beautiful. I also like the quilts of the show and tell. Must be great to see them in real.

Sinta Renee said...

Nice quilt show. What a talented group. I really liked the Santa too!

Feedsack Fantasy said...

What pretties ... TTFN ~Marydon

Cheryl said...

Sorry I missed your birthday...(we were out vactioning), but hope it was a happy one!!!!! What a great show and share and yipee, for getting block #2 done. Great job.

Zlaty said...

Great job to all the girls! Very inspiring quilts! Thanks for sharing!

Happy sewing!

Zlaty

Michelle said...

I love your BOM...I can't wait to see it finished! Thanks for sharing all that eye candy...lots of talented ladies there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails