A great big THANK YOU to everyone who sent birthday greetings!
All the emails and comments helped make my birthday a special day :^)
I just love reading comments so keep them coming.
I've been sneaking a bit of sewing time here and there trying to make progress on my
Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM #1.
The outer borders are pieced.
For the top, I need to sew on one more row of blocks plus one more row of sashing.
Once it's time to add the borders it'll be so exciting:^)
I did have to do some frog stitching (rip it rip it) or unsewing as some people say.
The second block I did not put together very well. When I went to measure it, instead of being 12.5 inches square, it was over 13 inches square. HUH?
I resewed it and it's now 12.5 inches square, yay!
I also need to do the second block for the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM #2.
The third block will come in the mail soon I'm sure.
For my birthday I got this book from my cousin called
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
Click on the book pic to see it on Amazon.ca
If you've read this book please let me know what you thought of it.
Until next time...
I just love reading comments so keep them coming.
I've been sneaking a bit of sewing time here and there trying to make progress on my
Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM #1.
The outer borders are pieced.
For the top, I need to sew on one more row of blocks plus one more row of sashing.
Once it's time to add the borders it'll be so exciting:^)
I did have to do some frog stitching (rip it rip it) or unsewing as some people say.
The second block I did not put together very well. When I went to measure it, instead of being 12.5 inches square, it was over 13 inches square. HUH?
I also need to do the second block for the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM #2.
The third block will come in the mail soon I'm sure.
For my birthday I got this book from my cousin called
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Societyby Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
Click on the book pic to see it on Amazon.ca
If you've read this book please let me know what you thought of it.
Until next time...
7 comments:
I chose this book for our book club to read several months ago. We all loved it very much. Happy Birthday!!!
Pat
How lovely you were greeted on your birthday ... it does make ones day, doesn't it. TTFN ~Marydon
I'm sorry you had to do the block again but it came out just beautiful!!
Crispy
Oh I love seeing what others are reading!~ I read everything I can get my hot little hands on. ;-) Your block looks great!
That block is gorgeous - and Happy Birthday!
I missed your birthday 'cause I was away for a while..But better late than never: a very happy birthday to you and many happy returns of the day. just stay 40something forever!!
I really enjoyed that book! I bet you will too. I loaned it to a quilting friend, who in turn loaned it to another quilting friend, and I just got mine back again--it's definitely going in my permanent library!
Post a Comment