Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last Night

Last night DD and I went to a concert where 3 bands performed. First up was a band called Bedouin Soundclash, next was a band called Paramore. Never heard of either of them but I'm glad I had my earplugs in, I'm just sayin'...

Finally the main act of the concert comes on stage. Now the fun begins :^)

Besides enjoying the music thoroughly, my DD was very busy taking tons of pics. Take a look see at DD's pics. Click on each one for a closer look-see.

Pretty good, eh? The performance was very high energy and entertaining to watch. Gwen Stefani (the lead singer gal with the blonde hair) is just gorgeous and is in good physical shape. Not only does she sing with this band but also has a solo career and a clothing line called L.A.M.B. Apparently she sewed her costumes when she first started out in the music business.

Today I was able to spend some time sewing, yay! Progress was made on the last 2 blocks from the Designer Mystery BOM. The first month of the new 2009 Designer Mystery BOM from FQS is sitting on my worktable and tempting me. I'd really like the have the first Designer Mystery Quilt top put together first before I start the new one. We'll see if I can wait!?! Next post will have quilty pics I promise! Until next time...

11 comments:

Zarina said...

I went to their concerts when they were in Malaysia two years ago. Unfortunately I chose the seating that was directly in line of the spot light. Lesson learned.

Sara said...

Lucky you - to see No Doubt! Great pictures! Love Gwen Stefani and she has the cutest kids!

Rachel said...

Excellent! Glad to hear you had fun. My daughter and I went to see Green Day last Monday night. It was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe she has two kids huh? She came from Orange County here in Southern California I guess just in her garage. She did pretty well for herself huh? Makes me want to go to a concert, I haven't been to one in years.

Joyce said...

That looks like a fun concert.

Pat said...

My two granddaughters chose to see No Doubt and Paramore in concert in lieu of birthday parties this year. They had a blast as it was the first concert for both of them....and my daughter loved it, too. She admires Gwen Stefani a lot.

Crispy said...

You rockin' quilter lady!!! LOL I've never heard of any of those bands...I'm so out of it LOL.

Oh give in to temptation, the quilt police won't get you, I promise :0)

Crispy

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sounds like a very fun night! :-)

Micki said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! Glad that you had a good time!
Micki

Cheryl said...

The concert sounded like so much fun. Great pictures. My daughter is going when they come around here.

Lotte said...

I jealous of you! Gwen Stefani is really cool :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails