I sulked all weekend because there was a quilt retreat from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon and I couldn't go. Why? DH is away right now on his annual boys' week away and one of us has to be at home to watch over the house, the dog and, errr, ummmm, oh yeah, our teenaged kids. I did work on Feb, March and April blocks for the Buny Hill BOM yesterday, I hate being so far behind. I also have to finish the Mother's Day gift for my mum. I'll post a pic of it once it's done.
I just finished reading this book:
Next up is this book:
It's called A Lie for a Lie by Emilie Richards, part of her Ministry is Murder series. This is the first one of her books that I've read. If you want to read more about Emilie, click here. Be sure to check out her BOM that she's doing in conjunction with designer Pat Sloan.
Thank you to all of you who commented on my Tulip wallhanging. I smile everytime I look at it. I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments, so keep 'em coming please!
Until next time...
It's called A Lie for a Lie by Emilie Richards, part of her Ministry is Murder series. This is the first one of her books that I've read. If you want to read more about Emilie, click here. Be sure to check out her BOM that she's doing in conjunction with designer Pat Sloan.Thank you to all of you who commented on my Tulip wallhanging. I smile everytime I look at it. I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments, so keep 'em coming please!
Until next time...
14 comments:
Sorry that you couldn't go on the retreat. I just got back from mine. You did enjoy your books, I see...I love Jennifer's books too. I was busy finishing my geisha quilt and thank God I did.
Micki
Sorry you missed the retreat but you are way ahead of me on the Bunny Hill BOM's now. (I've not done ANY of them yet.......*sigh*) I've read some of Emilie's other series and enjoyed them...have a book of Jennifer's but haven't read it yet.
Oh poor you ~ having to babysit the dog and teenagers while hubby goes away. But you got your BOMs done, right? I can't wait to see the pictures!
A pity you couldn't go on the retreat. It's so much fun to get together with the girls for a week end.
Can't wait to see your Bunny Hill blocks. I am far behind with all my BOM's.
Sorry about the teenagers oops I mean the retreat . I've been admiring your tulips , lovely .
I haven't read any of Emilie Richards, but will check them out next time I go to the library! I love Elm Creek and would like a way to figure out how to do it!
I just assumed you had gone to the retreat and I thought I was the only one who missed out.I'm sure they all got alot more quilting done than I did staying home.
Next time.
Pg
awwwwwww...that's too bad you missed your retreat:o(
I'll have to check out those books you posted, I love to read.
The new Bunnyhill block is up!! I love it cause of the butterfly..I LOVE butterflys.
Hope you have a productive week! I told myself no sewing last night..I am played out from the weekend.
Well Katherine, we certainly missed you and Vf at the retreat for sure!!! Were your ears burning at all over the weekend? lol! 8-)
Looks like great books...if I had the concentration to read... 8-(
Did you read all my pre-scheduled posts over the weekend?
Its hard when you have to stay at home to look after everything. I have got three weeks of it. I hope to make the most of it with stitching. You books look really good. That might have to be a night time thing for me as its getting a bit colder here and I have lit the fire yet.
Happy reading
Sorry you had to miss your retreat~ but you chose some great entertainment! I love to read too. ;-) I'm behind on BunnyHill too but I'm working on them! :-)
Have a happy day!
Bummer about the retreat. I've read a lot of Jennifer's books. They are great. I'll have to look into Emilie's.
I've read most of Jennifer's Elm Creek books and love them.
If only there really was an Elm Creek Quilt Camp. Sigh.
Hi again , thankyou for visiting and following my blog , its nice to meet you .
Post a Comment