Saturday, May 9, 2009

Quilt Show

Today I went to a quilt show with 2 friends (Y and P) that was about 40 minute drive from where we live. It was at a small stone church and church hall called Little Britain United Church. The place was filled to the brim with all kinds of quilts.

These quilts were hanging in the church hall which was nice and bright. Click on the pics for a closer look.

This quilt depicts scenes typically found in Manitoba. This next quilt looks completely different up close and then far away. The secondary pattern that's formed is obvious from far away.
I love the coneflowers and how it was quilted.
Love the black and white tote bag. It was quilted with wavy lines.
This quilt was part of a round robin. Love the Canadiana theme :^)The colours in this quilt are very striking! All those curves to piece, yikes!
I just liked this wallhanging.Love the romantic feel of this quilt.
The quilter who made this sampler from classes taught at a local quilt shop. Pretty colours, makes me think of spring!

These next quilts were strewn on the pews of the church and also on the wall. I love the stain glass window too. Too bad the weather was icky; 1 C (34F) and snowing! It's supposed to be spring!!! The sunshine coming through the church windows would've made the quilts look even more beautiful. However it was a lovely setting for a quilt show. I'll be back next year! Until next time...

7 comments:

Myra said...

OK... now that I have calmed down I will comment on the lovely quilts...
Lovely quilts! Very lovely... too bad I didn't go and see them... 8-(

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thanks for taking us to the quilt show with you! The Manitoba scene and the circles at a few of my favorites.

Pat said...

Very nice quilts, but SNOW??? Ugh......when will it STOP there???

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Snow!? Oh I feel for you! :( that is depressing! Hopefully you'll get some 'spring' soon.

Lovely quilts! I can see why they were favorites! Thanks for letting me visit the show too. :-)

Brenda said...

I loved that first one!! And 'Go Cananda'!!!! That looks like a great place for a show. And, please keep the snow there!! We had a dump of rain with wicked thunder yesterday - and I saw hail!! It could still snow, but please don't!! My flowers are finally coming out the ground - uh, grass actually!! I put them through the lawn and love it when they flower!!
Thanks for the show!!

Leave a Legacy said...

I am new to blogging and was "looking around" for some quilters. So I stopped by to visit you and enjoyed my visit. The quilt show was great. I also knit and quilt and I've posted some of my things on:
http://mycharmingcreations.blogspot.com

Jossie said...

Thank you for the nice pictures. I haven't been here for a while and there is so much to read en see. The quilt you made for your mother is awsome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails