Thursday, March 12, 2009

Show and Tell

Our quilting get-together last night was fun as usual even though it was a smaller group. Fortunately for me 3 of the gals that were at the retreat brought their retreat projects last night and I took pics of them.

Here is V's tabletopper with just a bit of binding left to sew to the back.I just love the theme fabric so much I took a pic of it close-up! I'm so ready for winter to go away and this fabric just makes me smile :^)))Next is D's tabletopper made out of blues including a gorgeous snowflake batik print.Next up is a placemat that L was working on, she's made several of them. Pretty Asian fabric :^)L also showed us this tabletopper she finished. Click on the pic to see the pretty fabric in the center of the hexagons.
Lastly here's a bag that Y has made, she bought it as a kit from the quilt show and conference that she attended last Sept called ISQSC in Fargo, ND. The inside of the bag is all lined with inside pockets along the sides and if you untie the bows the bag becomes wider. How clever is that! Y was busy working on this bag at our Nov retreat. I love how it turned out.
I've been stitching away while watching the curling on TV. I'll post pics next week. I'm also pleased to report I've been bonding with Tristan every other day for 35 minutes. I've you're wondering who on earth Tristan is, look at my post here. Until next time...

17 comments:

Sara said...

I love those table toppers, great job to all you ladies! Everything looks good and so pretty!

Pat said...

NICE show and tell items from your group. I love that runner so many of you did and it looks SO "cool" and refreshing with the citrus fruit slice fabric!!! And STOP with talking about Tristan already...you will make some of the rest of us feel quite guilty for NOT having a Tristan in our lives!!! LOL

Myra said...

Great you remembered your camera last night!!! Woohoo! Love Y's bag!!!
8-)

Joyce said...

I love that fruit fabric. The bag is great too. I am addicted to making bags as you may have noticed.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Great pic of the girls finished projects. I'm glad you and Tristan are getting along so well. Dont wear him out. lol

Lise said...

Love the fabrics , and projects... glad you remembered your camera.. thank you for sharing

Cheryl said...

The toppers are wonderful. That is a great pattern. Looks like you had a great time!!

Gina said...

great photos.

well done for keeping up with seeing tristan

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

It's great to see your pictures.Now I know what I missed out on.
Like you I'm glued to the TV watching curling.I use this time to do the hand stiching on bindings.Our Jeff is going to have to be really sharp from now on.
Pg

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I love that table runner!!!!!! it's so much fun when there are a bunch of friends sewing and quilting together!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Margaret said...

So many tables are going to be very classy this year, Well done.

wonderwoman said...

lovely work and i just want that bag!!!

x

Sandy said...

I love the citrus table topper. I, too, want Spring to come along and that fabric is Spring.
When I think of a Tristan I think of Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall...a nice image!!
Nice to discover your blog.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the table toppers too. Great job.

Micki said...

Lovely pics, but the bag is to die for.
Micki

Rachel said...

I was thinking, as I read your post, that it's a good thing we quilt or we'd have to talk about the weather all the time.
FYI, it's snowing today in Edmonton. Blah! Duck and cover; it may be coming your way...

MamaDaniel said...

Really admire the table toppers & runner.. Very inspiring too.. thanks.

Zila,Kuala Lumpur
A beginner in quilting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails