Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a Day!

Yesterday, March 18th was my DD's 17th birthday. Where does the time go? I remember for her 3rd birthday she got a dollhouse and she played in the cardboard box for ages, LOL! We had a family dinner last night and of course birthday cake and presents. In honour of my DD's birthday I'll show you another set of NPNT blocks...And guess what??? I finished the binding on the flannel quilt that gave me the binding blues. I was determined to finish it this morning cos I don't want to spend any more time with it! The colours in the quilt are richer than the picture shows; my favourite print is the navy blue fabric. I folded over a corner so you can see the flannel teddy bear backing. Cute, eh? So this quilt is my March finish for the One Project A Month Challenge, YAY!The sun is out and spring is coming one of these days I hope! Until next time...

10 comments:

Pat said...

Our morning of sunshine and nice temps has rapidly deteriorated into clouds and a breeze with a chilly rain on the way. May I borrow your just-completed flannel quilt with the cute teddy bear backing so I can stay nice and warm during this upcoming ugly weather? :) Love the two blocks you showed, also.

wonderwoman said...

what a lovely quilt and such gorgeous colours! love the stitchery too - that saying is very apt!

xxx

Myra said...

More lovely NPNT blocks! Good for you K!
I gather you quilted your wonderful quilt on your frame... How did it go with a big quilt?

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Happy birthday to you daughter. Time does fly.

Lovely quilt. Flannel quilts are so soft and warm. Its nice to have another finished. By the end of the year we will have all these new projects. Yay

em's scrapbag said...

Happy birthday to your DD. Hope you had a delightful time last night. I remember when the packaging was as much fun as the present. Wasn't that great? Your quilt is fun. Love the teddy bears.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I'm sure your daughter had a wonderful birthday! Love the birthday block btw!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Nice quilt....are you hearing anything about the storm coming and the big flood. It's really windy and raining in my neck of the woods.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

QGB the flannel quilt looks great and congrats on the finish...and of course you NPNT blocks really look so good.

Jossie said...

Hope your DD had a great birthday.
Congrats on your finish! The quilt looks so snugly. You may use the warmth of it after returning home ;-)

Zlaty said...

I love the embroidery blocks! Very true!

Happy sewing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails