Monday, March 16, 2009

Binding Blues

I've got the binding blues. I've been working on binding this flannel quilt to be my March finish. It's an old UFO. I thought I measured correctly but I was short 18 inches or so. Not a big deal, just add another piece to the end, right? So I did and I attached it with the wrong side is facing out. Okay, not a big deal just get my seam ripper and unsew it, right? My seam ripper has wondered off! sheeesh!I give up for today...
Until next time...

18 comments:

Sara said...

Those darn seam rippers, always wandering off! I can never find mine either!

I would give up for today also! LOL!

Pat said...

Yup...on days like that, WALK AWAY and come back another time. If you push it, you'll have even further troubles (from my past experience, at least). :(

Brenda said...

We are having the same kind of day..... Mine is putting on a border. I am working with'X' amount of material... not alot left, so I measured, sewed it onto the strip I had left from yesterday's strip, sewed them together, and.... different size???? what??? Okay, fixed it. Do I have enought left to make squares for the corner using it for the next border??? As it stands now, yes, so I had better not keep making mistakes in my cutting. Frog-sewing is what got me to take a break and see what my quilting friends are doing. It's good to know I am not the only one who should have stayed in bed longer today, then maybe, just maybe, I could measure right!!! (I also cut the border a couple inches to long!!!! That's not a big deal, but I realize it after I had pretty much pinned it!! Yup, need a sanity break!! Thanks for telling me what your going through, made me feel, well, better! Thanks!

Kate said...

Put it away and come back to it tomorrow :-)

Myra said...

lol... doesn't sound like you are having a good day K! Hopefully the stitch ripper will resurface and you will have a better time of it all... 8-)
Do you know if there is quilting at the club this week, or is it their meeting night?

wonderwoman said...

don't you just hate it when you get days like that!!! i've been trying to make oilcloth bags - what a nightmare, my machine hates them!!!

x

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Hang in there girl!! Your seam ripper will appear before you know it.

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Willow Grove - Kez said...

You weren't suppose to do it today. Have a rest and start again tomorrow. Your seam ripper will pop its little head out when your not looking for it. Good luck

Cheryl said...

We've all been there!! I swear those seam rippers just wander off for a break from time to time! Tomorrow will be better

Julie said...

I hate those days. Try again tomorrow sounds good.

Gina said...

been there girl. Once I machine seed a binding on all around the quilt before I noticed I had sewn it the wrong way around.
My advice, put it down, have a cup of coffee and a cookie and work on something else. There's always tomorrow.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Joyce said...

Sometimes there are days like that. Hopefully it will go better on the next try.

Micki said...

We all have days like that. Put it away and try it again tomorrow. Then it will work out perfectly!
Micki

Anonymous said...

hmm maybe you should start a new project or...start packing :) Cheers Yn

Jossie said...

Just one of those days. Tomorrow a new day and a new start!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh, sorry to read your having problems~ or should I say that your fabrics and tools aren't behaving? :-) My little seam ripper likes to play hide-n-seek too. Silly thing! Hope today is better!~~

Anonymous said...

I simply hate bindings! Worst part is trying to attach beginning and end bit so that it actually fits. i always have to do that part 3 times before I get it right. I have 3 seamrippers and still there's all of when i need one. I think it's a conspiracy!

limpingalong said...

Mother said there would be days like that!

With me it was putting the triangle pieces in my baby quilt.
I sewed to the wrong side of the triangle not once, but two times! Time for a nap!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails