Thursday, February 5, 2015

You Must

If you are ever in Maui you must go to this place.
http://www.mauiquiltshop.com/

It's a small shop but every nook and cranny is filled with wonderful fabrics and other quilty goodness. There are also several beautiful quilts on display inside as well as the ones in the window.

On Fridays they offer 2 introductory sessions on how to do traditional Hawaiian quilting. Click on the pic to go to their website. I do know how to do this technique but I'd love to take the class to meet other quilters and pick up some handy tips and tricks.  If and when we come back to Maui, I"ll have to remember that I want to take this class and plan a Friday away from my family!

And no I'm not affiliated with this shop in any way, I'm just a satisfied customer.

While on Maui you must try the Macadamia nuts.  Oh my goodness they are delicious! 

I had some Vanilla Macadamia Nut coffee for breakfast


and for a snack we tried these little gems


Don't you love the pineapple chairs with the wonderful pineapple fabric? It fits in perfectly here in Maui.   Later today we begin our long trip home so the next time you hear from me will be back in Canada. 
Until next time...





2 comments:

northernknitter said...

Good to see you are having fun!

ruthsplace said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful time. Macadamias are one of my favourite nuts, they are native to Australia and taste wonderful cracked fresh from the tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails