Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Paducah Part 3

Grab a cup of your favourite hot or cold beverage and get comfortable to read the third installment of my trip to Paducah last month.  Ready?  Okay...

Day 3 dawned overcast rainy and cool, just like day 2.  On the bus by 7 am (Remember I am NOT a norning person) which was also like day 2.  But excitment was building as we were arriving in Paducah later today!  I learned about Paducah over 15 years ago and have wanted to go ever since.  My dream was finally coming true :^)

We heard on day 2 that Paducah KY had declared a flood emergency.  We were all curious what to expect due to this complication.  Early afternoon we were passing through an area called Cape Girardeau, Missouri. And guess what happened?

Hail Storm!  Yikes!  We were all fine but our bus did have some damage :^(

Lunch stop was an interesting place called Lamberts Cafe - the only home of throwed rolls.  Throwed rolls?  well it's an experience let me tell you,  LOL.  But all I could think about was getting to Paducah.  So we drove on and tried one highway/bridge to cross the Ohio River to get into Paducah.

Nope it's closed.

Drove some more to get to another highway/bridge and

Nope it's closed.

Third try and yes! we finally made it over the river and into Paducah later than expected but safe and sound. We didn't even go to our hotel first but we went to Hancock's of Paducah
Here's a view of what is was like inside at the back of the store in the warehouse area. There were a lot of people shopping but there was so much eye candy in that place!  What I liked about the main part of the store was how it was organized.  If you were looking for a specific fabric line, first locate aisles with the manufacturer (MODA for example) and then look for the fabric line that you want and voila!  there are the fabrics you want.  Everything was clearly marked.   The store closed at 8 pm and it was off to the hotel to unpack and get some sleep.
Until next time...

2 comments:

Crispy said...

I bet you were all scared you would never get over the river!! I'm so jealous, I would love to go to Hancocks some day....as well as the show.

Crispy

Allie said...

Glad you found a way over the river - I would LOVE to go to Hancock's, oh lucky you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails